南方愛武小站 Southern Site Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
南方愛武小站 Southern Site Inn

研討武術劍術 We explore Chinese martial arts, IMA and Swordmanship http://user3.jabry.com/southsite/index.htm

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site?

Go down 
+4
New Guy
calvy168
MM1970
Shingo
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shingo

文章數 : 331
注冊日期 : 2009-08-06

Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site?   Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site? EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 8:03 am

Hi all

A person wrote some things on Discussion page of SWU, Facebook.

Is anyone able to answer his questions or express your views there?
He talks about Yi Kuen. Is it possible to leave a comment, Bro M?

Shingo
Back to top Go down
MM1970

MM1970

文章數 : 642
注冊日期 : 2009-01-25
年齡 : 54
來自 : Sydney

PostSubject: Re: Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site?   Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site? EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 4:57 pm

Question: CMAs vs. MMA
I think that in MMA, the most dangerous part is when you are on the ground and that your MMA opponent is trying to lock you somewhere. Nowadays, we know more about how to avoid takedowns and for that reason, BJJ alone is not sufficient. But are CMAs effective against MM...A fighters? I would like to have your opinions, please! Like I have heard that if you have a good level in Yiquan, whichever style come to fight against the Yiquan fighter, the other one will lose. Is that true?

My Answer
Thats not true, I always lose ...... everytime....When I face my wife ...... especially in the boxing day sale!
Back to top Go down
calvy168

文章數 : 257
注冊日期 : 2009-02-02
來自 : Australia / Hong Kong

PostSubject: Re: Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site?   Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site? EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 8:42 pm

lol I see the sarcasm in your answer looking at it from the martial art's side.

But if the dude was talking about training Yiquan to a super high level then you'll become invincible against other arts, I think that's impossible.

Calvin
Back to top Go down
New Guy

New Guy

文章數 : 26
注冊日期 : 2009-04-04
來自 : Canberra

PostSubject: Re: Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site?   Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site? EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 2:03 pm

If I had to state the obvious then the stronger martial artist who had better training will win, regardless of the style. Razz
Back to top Go down
Overlord
Admin
Overlord

文章數 : 507
注冊日期 : 2009-09-27
來自 : 台灣

PostSubject: Re: Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site?   Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site? EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 2:17 pm

New Guy wrote:
If I had to state the obvious then the stronger martial artist who had better training will win, regardless of the style. Razz

This is so true.

Depend on how well you understand your art. How well you know how to train in your art.

And how well you train your art.

Over
Back to top Go down
地躺小子
Admin
地躺小子

文章數 : 592
來自 : 中国吉林省, 白林寺

PostSubject: Re: Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site?   Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site? EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 2:20 pm

the most familiar thing heard about against Yi Quan fighter was a Yi Quan instructor in somewhere in southern china said one of their stances is efficient to anti-takedown (eg.styles like BJJ) i was impressive............ Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site? Icon_rendeer
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/dnmgch
Overlord
Admin
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site?   Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site? EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 2:32 pm

地躺小子 wrote:
the most familiar thing heard about against Yi Quan fighter was a Yi Quan instructor in somewhere in southern china said one of their stances is efficient to anti-takedown (eg.styles like BJJ) i was impressive............ Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site? Icon_rendeer

I dont agree. Unless you move around and your hitting is good, you are gone man.
What a lot of people dont understand is, you can use yi quan training in any martial arts, regardless of your form and style.

Over
Back to top Go down
New Guy

New Guy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site?   Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site? EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 2:45 pm

Really? So as Yiquan is without forms, what do they actually teach?

(I am just curious.)

I mean boxing have no forms, but there are drills, sparring, and fitness! (Further more, can you use boxing in other art? Well why not, as long as you allowed to punch and use footwork!)
Back to top Go down
Overlord
Admin
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site?   Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site? EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 3:01 pm

New Guy wrote:
Really? So as Yiquan is without forms, what do they actually teach?

(I am just curious.)

I mean boxing have no forms, but there are drills, sparring, and fitness! (Further more, can you use boxing in other art? Well why not, as long as you allowed to punch and use footwork!)

Zhangzhuan is probably emphasis the most in yiquan as compared to others.

ZZ give you time to exam something most of us over looked. Your structure, muscle, your qi and circulation. It give you time to look for feeling in each movement.
With yiquan, yi and qi is ahead of your strength in training. Without enough zz, you just dont have qi.

It is like a sword. You dont make your sword sharp by continuing banging with other sword.
Aside from forging with hammer, you also need to sharpen the blade and polish it.

If the sword is properly forged, the grains are lining in a stress free pattern. But if it is not probably forged, then you get plane of weakness in the sword, bit like a muscular node on your back or cracking of your joint.
Evil or Very Mad
It is just my personal understanding at the moment.
Over Smile
Back to top Go down
New Guy

New Guy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site?   Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site? EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 3:12 pm

Ah I see so Zhangzhuan is like the foundation for Yiquan. I am also wondering what else do they train in addition in Zhangzhuan too, I mean, at the end of the day, you got to at least practise throw a punch or two or something liek that to someone somewhere, right?
Back to top Go down
Overlord
Admin
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site?   Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site? EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 3:26 pm

New Guy wrote:
Ah I see so Zhangzhuan is like the foundation for Yiquan. I am also wondering what else do they train in addition in Zhangzhuan too, I mean, at the end of the day, you got to at least practise throw a punch or two or something liek that to someone somewhere, right?

Yep and no. Get the punching bag intention first. Then, retain the feeling when you zz while relaxed.
But if internal training is not enough, the harder your jing is, punching bag will damage you more.
Evil or Very Mad
Over
Back to top Go down
New Guy

New Guy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site?   Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site? EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 3:47 pm

Oh sorry I meant to ask what else do they train other than Zhangzhuan... that's what happen when you stay up too late at night!! >__< I shall get some sleep lol.
Back to top Go down
MM1970

MM1970

PostSubject: Re: Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site?   Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 1:05 am

Back to top Go down
Overlord
Admin
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site?   Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 1:48 am

Very solid....i like.

Over Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
New Guy

New Guy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site?   Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 3:44 am

So the bottom half is Xing Yi?
Back to top Go down
MM1970

MM1970

PostSubject: Re: Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site?   Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 3:58 am

http://cstang.www3.50megs.com/yihan8.htm

韓星垣意拳教程
1.站樁
1. 平樁 (三才樁)
2. 戰樁 (渾元樁)
3. 劈拳樁、大式樁、伏虎樁、降龍樁、子午樁
2.走步
3.五行拳
4.試力、發力
5.十二趟手
6.單推雙推
7.實作
8.劈劍、大杆

Last edited by MM1970 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
New Guy

New Guy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site?   Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 4:11 am

Oh, Embarassed I should have paid more attention!!
Back to top Go down
E.T.

文章數 : 499
注冊日期 : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site?   Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 6:10 am

MM1970 wrote:
http://cstang.www3.50megs.com/yihan8.htm

韓星垣意拳教程
1.站樁
1. 平樁 (三才樁)
2. 戰樁 (渾元樁)
3. 劈拳樁、大式樁、伏虎樁、降龍樁、子午樁
2.走步
3.五行拳
4.試力、發力
5.十二趟手
6.單推雙推
7.實作
8.劈劍、大杆

Is it 實作 means full power, full speed, full contact sparring?
Back to top Go down
Overlord
Admin
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site?   Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 1:13 pm

Full contact, does that mean you can kick the groin, hit neck and spine etc?

In the 1920s, Nanjing Central Academy held various sparring competition, many died in blows. That was totally full contact. Original it was aimed to recruit more instructors and students, becomes life and death competition.

One year, the first top four people all studied Xingyi, I think under Ma Yutang. And Wang Xiangzhai accepted Zhang Changxing as disciple, who comes number four. Later on he refer Zhang to lhbf GM Wu Yihui.

If Zhang did not think Wang got good teaching material, I dont think he will bother to study with him at all. Wink

Over
Back to top Go down
E.T.

PostSubject: Re: Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site?   Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 6:57 pm

Overlord wrote:
Full contact, does that mean you can kick the groin, hit neck and spine etc?

In the 1920s, Nanjing Central Academy held various sparring competition, many died in blows. That was totally full contact. Original it was aimed to recruit more instructors and students, becomes life and death competition.

One year, the first top four people all studied Xingyi, I think under Ma Yutang. And Wang Xiangzhai accepted Zhang Changxing as disciple, who comes number four. Later on he refer Zhang to lhbf GM Wu Yihui.

If Zhang did not think Wang got good teaching material, I dont think he will bother to study with him at all. Wink

Over

Any formal record of many people died during the competition? Or it just a rumor?
Back to top Go down
E.T.

PostSubject: Re: Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site?   Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 6:59 pm

Perhaps you didn't try sparring before. Even no "kick the groin, hit neck and spine " can be a full contact sparring.
Back to top Go down
Overlord
Admin
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site?   Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 9:34 pm

E.T. wrote:
Perhaps you didn't try sparring before. Even no "kick the groin, hit neck and spine " can be a full contact sparring.

Hello Sifu ET,

This is what i heard from my teacher.

At first they just try look the form and judge, it went horrible. But then the next year they decide to change to sparring or more like a dual.
Because different family is trying hard to get in, as result......

I could be wrong on this, after all I heard it. It is hear say. But i do remember when my teacher told me this, he also explain some of the techniques they used to finish off the fight with casualty. How true is that is very personal.

You are right, I dont spar and i dont intent to.
Call me a coward. Wink

Over
Back to top Go down
E.T.

PostSubject: Re: Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site?   Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 11:46 pm

Overlord wrote:

You are right, I dont spar and i dont intent to.
Call me a coward. Wink

Over

Brother Overload,

Please don't say such thing. All of us are martial arts lovers, I just want to discuss on martial arts. I don't have any disrespect to any person or styles.

I sincerely say sorry if you feel any uncomfortable!

About the 1929 Chinese martial arts competition by 南京中央國術館, we can find the information in the internet.

http://tyj.zj.gov.cn/article/detail/4028818323c3adc10123c6d1b4750020.shtml

and in fact they wore potective gear

Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site? 62f8884e072a6c814604b&690
Back to top Go down
Overlord
Admin
Overlord

PostSubject: Ha ha no worries........   Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site? EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 11:59 am

Hello Sifu ET,

Dont worry about it man....
Non taken la....I got a lot to learn, just beginner.

Calling me coward is actually very ok. Coward is good. Smile

As for school name and style, does not bother me. Maybe when I was young and stupid, i care it a lot. Not anymore. Smile Because different school just have different emphasis. Sometimes, people just dont understand.
It is like i know nothing about black tiger, except i find how fragile my hand is when touch the wheel. What a Face

Like tea, there is no good tea bad tea, so long just your cuppa of tea.

I just practice how I was taught.

Practicing sparring is good, its just when my teacher taught me, there is two ways to learn martial art.
One is sparring first, forget about traditional forms, just sanda, the other one is bring it up naturally but the intention and reflex is required. He chose the second, he just think it is more daoist approach. And of course he taught some of the basic sanda technique, except throwing and ground work.

I am glad he did that. Somehow his experience taught him the second method is better. Dont ask me why. And yes, he thinks sanda can improve your speed, strength, and dexterity very quickly, but it limit your understanding in traditional art. Imagine if everyone just spar in the same way......then the style of school is totally gone. Where is the uniqueness of your style? Where is the substance? Where is your core? Where is your kungfu?

Sparring is important, just not my cup of tea. Touch and go sparring is probably the most i will do.

From what i heard, many died or suffer serious injury. But hear say is hear say after all.

What I dont understand is how come Zhang Changxing is not in the first forth. Maybe the book i got about Zhang Changxing is bs. Who knows? Smile It is not my job to find out, but it is my hobby to swimming in martial arts.

Will see you on Wednesday, and take care.

Sincerely yours,

Over santa
Back to top Go down
E.T.

PostSubject: Re: Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site?   Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site? EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 10:11 pm

Some people said: Tai Chi needs ten years to learn fight ( 太極十年不出門). It is a lie. If people don't learn how to fight now, he will not know how to fight 10 years later.

The problem of Chinese martial arts is that too many lies and misunderstaning of traditional kung fu. Why so many fake and lies in kung fu? It is because CMA people don't spar at all. People can't swim if they don't go into the water. Even a 3 years old child can understand this.

There is no magic in Kung Fu but too many fake kung fu theories in Kung Fu.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site?   Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone discuss things on Facebook SWU site?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next