南方愛武小站 Southern Site Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
南方愛武小站 Southern Site Inn

研討武術劍術 We explore Chinese martial arts, IMA and Swordmanship http://user3.jabry.com/southsite/index.htm

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why you learn martial arts?

Go down 
+2
calvy168
E.T.
6 posters
AuthorMessage
E.T.

文章數 : 499
注冊日期 : 2009-01-27

Why you learn martial arts? Empty
PostSubject: Why you learn martial arts?   Why you learn martial arts? EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 9:33 am

When martial arts abused.

Mentally Challenged man seriously beaten, possibly to death.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e55_1250787987
Back to top Go down
calvy168

文章數 : 257
注冊日期 : 2009-02-02
來自 : Australia / Hong Kong

PostSubject: Re: Why you learn martial arts?   Why you learn martial arts? EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 11:14 am

Holy Cow!!!

This is just too bad for the eyes to see, I can feel the pain!

What on earth is wrong with that guy?

May the Lord show mercy on him.

Calvin
Back to top Go down
Shingo

文章數 : 331
注冊日期 : 2009-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Why you learn martial arts?   Why you learn martial arts? EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 11:39 am

That was gross....

In NZ, I used to practise stomps and knees to an opponent on the ground to finish them off, but this is the first time I have seen in reality that a person used these finish off techniques to kill an opponent. Wow,,it is too effective...

I kind of think this incident comes down to the racism in the US.
If the guy beaten up to death had been a white dude, the story might have turned out completely different.
dear dear...

Shingo
Back to top Go down
nanyangshaolin

文章數 : 57
注冊日期 : 2009-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Why you learn martial arts?   Why you learn martial arts? EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 11:45 am

I wonder if there is another side to the story? why in the 1st place this "mentally challenged guy" would pick a karate dojo to demo his skills? my experience is that when someone visit a dojo to say want to show something, the owner of the dojo will often take offense & take it as a direct challenge. He may want to teach him a lesson to ensure no one try to pull the same stunt again. Inolden days china, many opponents were killed this way, cos if the hand is too merciful, it would result in the dojo closing down....a matter of the fittest survival. In my experience, I have ppl challenging me in the past, when I take it lightly, I was taken off guard & beaten badly. SO maybe this could be a lesson learnt?
Back to top Go down
http://www.martialartx.com
calvy168

PostSubject: Re: Why you learn martial arts?   Why you learn martial arts? EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 1:36 pm

That's the reason why a lot of places doesn't accept challenges not because they are weak but because that would stir up trouble indirectly.
If you don't accept the challenge, the worst the challenger can do is to bad mouth the school as being weak or something.
But in reality, if the school indeed have solid skills, then it doesn't matter as the action would speak louder than the words.
I have heard some people bad mouth famous martial artists and schools, these things always happen and there isn't really much you can do about it.

I think in the end it comes down to why you do martial arts.
If you stick to your goal and do it with safety nets in place, then I think it doesn't matter.

To avoid these things happening, I think real sparring should be avoided from people who you are not familiar with.
Also, make it clear to people that is the way we do things so there are NO EXCUSE for attacks and injuries could be minimised.
Once these simple rules are in place, nobody can do anything because if the challenger wants to start attacking, we can always call the police.

But on top of that I would like to add.
Although I don't know what had happened earlier on, I think killing someone or beating the guy half to death is not the way to go no matter what they've done.
Who are you to be given permission or authority to kill someone or beat someone up if not to death?
They like to criticise your school... tell them to get out or go away and warn them.
They like to continue to act like an idiot... call the security guard or the police.
Taking matters into your own hands simply make you worse than the guy who is causing the trouble.
It also doesn't solve the problem and would actually cause more different problems to arise.

Calvin

Last edited by calvy168 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nanyangshaolin

PostSubject: Re: Why you learn martial arts?   Why you learn martial arts? EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 1:39 pm

calvy168 wrote:
That's the reason why a lot of places doesn't accept challenges not because they are weak but because that would stir up trouble indirectly.
If you don't accept the challenge, the worst the challenger can do is to bad mouth the school as being weak or something.
But in reality, if the school indeed have solid skills, then it doesn't matter as the action would speak louder than the words.
I have heard some people bad mouth famous martial artists and schools, these things always happen and there isn't really much you can do about it.

I think in the end it comes down to why you do martial arts.
If you stick to your goal and do it with safety nets in place, then I think it doesn't matter.

To avoid these things happening, I think real sparring should be avoided from people who you are not familiar with.
Also, make it clear to people that is the way we do things so there are NO EXCUSE for attacks and injuries could be minimised.
Once these simple rules are in place, nobody can do anything because if the challenger wants to start attacking, we can always call the police.

Calvin

absolutely agreed...if attacker starts attack, i use a gun if cannot beat him Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
MM1970

MM1970

文章數 : 642
注冊日期 : 2009-01-25
年齡 : 54
來自 : Sydney

PostSubject: Re: Why you learn martial arts?   Why you learn martial arts? EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 5:36 am

武德......
Back to top Go down
kwong
Admin
kwong

文章數 : 1510
注冊日期 : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Why you learn martial arts?   Why you learn martial arts? EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 11:45 am

true. Stupid people.

This guy already lose in th esparring. This guy don't need to kill him.
Where is the moral of the martial artist? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Feel so sad to see it. this world too much crazy people
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.com/kwongy64
nanyangshaolin

PostSubject: Re: Why you learn martial arts?   Why you learn martial arts? EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 2:19 pm

mY sifu always tell me, it is easy to bash someone up but to win / beat him without hurting him & to gain his respect thru tat is the highest level of martial arts.
Back to top Go down
calvy168

PostSubject: Re: Why you learn martial arts?   Why you learn martial arts? EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 10:23 am

Unfortunately and sadly, many people are too blind to see this.

Choose who you learn from not only of their Kung Fu fighting skill but of that person's character.

Skill, you can always inprove on.
Character is the one that is the hard one to learn and the more important one.

Skill, you learn, improve... great as that has little to do with your life but maybe make you stronger.
Character has direct affect on you and your way of living and the people you meet.
It is the thing that is easy to KNOW but hard to DO.

I have seen many people talk and talk about how you should do this and shouldn't do that. But when they are put in the situation themselves, they get angry and start making a big fuss about it and many problems follow.

eg. that guy make fun of you? Just ignore him and walk away, he is crazy. Someone really make fun of them, they not only didn't walk away but beat the guy to hospital.

Calvin
Back to top Go down
nanyangshaolin

PostSubject: Re: Why you learn martial arts?   Why you learn martial arts? EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 11:37 am

yeah..calvin agreed., I have to keep remind myself of seniors' & sifu teachiings.....but i get better with age...like wine... Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why you learn martial arts?   Why you learn martial arts? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why you learn martial arts?
Page 1 of 1