南方愛武小站 Southern Site Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
南方愛武小站 Southern Site Inn

研討武術劍術 We explore Chinese martial arts, IMA and Swordmanship http://user3.jabry.com/southsite/index.htm

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Longevity and Kungfu??

Go down 
+2
Overlord
Shingo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Shingo

文章數 : 331
注冊日期 : 2009-08-06

Longevity and Kungfu?? Empty
PostSubject: Longevity and Kungfu??   Longevity and Kungfu?? EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 9:05 am

I would like to hear from knowledgeable people about health, longevity related to different Kungfu styles.

Today Bro B and I had a chat about health and kungfu over lunch. Bro B mentioned Wing Chun stylists suffer from high blood pressure, Chen style Taiji stylers don't have long life.

Addition to these, I heard Chow Gar mantis people tend to die from kidney failures (I don't know why) but I am sure they shorten their lives by far too much hard shaking Jin, hardening, hitting exercises over long years.

Also, Sifu Eric told me Hung gar people live longer than Taiji practitioners.

So, I want to know more about the connection between styles of kungfu-related health problems and longevity.
It would be appreciated if you could share your opinions with me.

Shingo
Back to top Go down
Overlord
Admin
Overlord

文章數 : 507
注冊日期 : 2009-09-27
來自 : 台灣

PostSubject: Re: Longevity and Kungfu??   Longevity and Kungfu?? EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 10:27 am

Xin Yi people on average live the longest. Usually up to 90 something.
Ironically some of the top xinyi master died at age of 16.
Bagua Master Lv Zijian live the longest, he is 117 now.

Xingyi Master Sun Lutang knows when he is gonna die a month before.
His student Master Qi live up 90 with practice of San Ti Shi and Sun Taiji.

Xing yi Master Shang Yunxiang died of diarrhea. Zhu Guiting died of bladder cancer, blood in the urine.

Liuhebaf Master Wu Yihui died on bed, had acupuncture done on his neck for headache, went paralysis and remained in bed for the later of his life.

Liuhebafa Master Zhang Changxing died at the age of 90. Five months before his death, according to his student, he still can execute amazing power.

Liuhebafa Master Chen Yiren had motor accident and then died on surgery table, because cant stop the bleeding.

Daitoryu Aiki Jitsu Master (proper lineage, not o sensei), train till the day he died 80 somthing I tink.

Karate Master, forgot his name, founder of Shotokan, live up to 90 something.
Personally, think xinyi people live longest.

Yang Taiji, Yang Chenfu died from infection, some said he had a dual with a southern fist master and got punched on belly. To the degree he cough out blood, died a month later.

Yang Taiji, one of top fighter in Yang family, forgot his name, killed himself at 60 something because he thought he was gonna lose a challenge.

Wu Tunan, Yang Taiji, died at age of 90, teach till the day he died.

Sha Guo Zheng, Xingyi and Bagua, died at age of 89, teach to the day he died.

Hung Feihong is a tragic story, he got his house burned down at age of 60 something, a year later he died and no one went bury him except one of his female disciple. He was in total destitute when he died. Dont know where all his student went then, as compared to now.

A number of article I read indicates there is high risks of stroke associate with Dai Xinyi. While some also said Chen Taiji have similar of problem.

Both Chen Taiji and Baji is accused of crooking people's feet. Chen Fake is not doing well in later age, dark complexion of face and I heard his feet was swollen when old.

Guo Yunsheng, the famous Xingyi Master was teaching on chair in his late age, because his feet is totally crooked.

No matter how good you are when young, train health and wisely is more important.

Over
Basketball
Back to top Go down
nanyangshaolin

文章數 : 57
注冊日期 : 2009-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Longevity and Kungfu??   Longevity and Kungfu?? EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 11:39 am

actually you are right, alot of people who practise the hard style tend to suffer internal injuries and die young. The reason is because is more haste less life. They sacrificed and exchanged their life term for power.

Another reason is cos of laziness to do proper training, to injure the body for power is part of hard training but alot of ppl fail to understand yin yang.
I have sihengs who have died from kidney failures and some organ failures due to wrong training.
Back to top Go down
http://www.martialartx.com
Overlord
Admin
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Longevity and Kungfu??   Longevity and Kungfu?? EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 12:15 pm

nanyangshaolin wrote:
actually you are right, alot of people who practise the hard style tend to suffer internal injuries and die young. The reason is because is more haste less life. They sacrificed and exchanged their life term for power.

Another reason is cos of laziness to do proper training, to injure the body for power is part of hard training but alot of ppl fail to understand yin yang.
I have sihengs who have died from kidney failures and some organ failures due to wrong training.

Wow, sorry to hear that. Can you shade some light on how the happened, it can help us all.

Over
Back to top Go down
kwong
Admin
kwong

文章數 : 1510
注冊日期 : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Longevity and Kungfu??   Longevity and Kungfu?? EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 1:10 pm

one of my friend's grandfather is 93+ now and he did Hung gar in HK
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.com/kwongy64
nanyangshaolin

PostSubject: Re: Longevity and Kungfu??   Longevity and Kungfu?? EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 4:41 pm

hey gordon

I think your friend's grandpa holds the secret already

overlord

we will chat more when we meet, lest misunderstanding.....really need to catch up with u on that finger thingy!
Back to top Go down
E.T.

文章數 : 499
注冊日期 : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Longevity and Kungfu??   Longevity and Kungfu?? EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 9:54 pm

kwong wrote:
one of my friend's grandfather is 93+ now and he did Hung gar in HK

I don't know why but it is common for Hung Gar people to have long life. Especially, when they insist on prasticeing the Tie Sin Kuen (鐵線拳).
Back to top Go down
Overlord
Admin
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Longevity and Kungfu??   Longevity and Kungfu?? EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 9:11 am

nanyangshaolin wrote:
hey gordon

I think your friend's grandpa holds the secret already

overlord

we will chat more when we meet, lest misunderstanding.....really need to catch up with u on that finger thingy!

man....you guys train hard in shaolin.....ke ke
no misunderstanding la.....i am very easy going...

Over
Back to top Go down
New Guy

New Guy

文章數 : 26
注冊日期 : 2009-04-04
來自 : Canberra

PostSubject: Re: Longevity and Kungfu??   Longevity and Kungfu?? EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 11:14 am

話說劉松仁就係練氣功所以就keep得好:http://www.ycwb.com.cn/ePaper/ycwb/html/2009-10/14/content_619493.htm

或者練內家拳未必在於麻木地追求最高的年齡,而喺減低細胞老化?

Afterall, I think I like to live healthy and actively through out most of my lifespan and when the time comes, I just die as quickly as possible, rather than being weak and sick, and to lie in bed for a few extra years when my time comes... what do you think?
Back to top Go down
nanyangshaolin

PostSubject: Re: Longevity and Kungfu??   Longevity and Kungfu?? EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 6:46 am

Hi overlord

I have been very lazy for the last 5 years, only recently started training abit harder. Before alot of things in my mind, luckily alot of friends mentored me. Hope to see u soon, let me know yur schedulek can? I try make it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Longevity and Kungfu??   Longevity and Kungfu?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Longevity and Kungfu??
Page 1 of 1