南方愛武小站 Southern Site Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
南方愛武小站 Southern Site Inn

研討武術劍術 We explore Chinese martial arts, IMA and Swordmanship http://user3.jabry.com/southsite/index.htm

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Aikido Vs. MMA Real Fight Part 2

Go down 
+2
Overlord
地躺小子
6 posters
AuthorMessage
地躺小子
Admin
地躺小子

文章數 : 592
注冊日期 : 2009-01-25
來自 : 中国吉林省, 白林寺

Aikido Vs. MMA Real Fight Part 2 Empty
PostSubject: Aikido Vs. MMA Real Fight Part 2   Aikido Vs. MMA Real Fight Part 2 EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 1:54 am

Akido man has the fighting spirit........................... Cool
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/dnmgch
Overlord
Admin
Overlord

文章數 : 507
注冊日期 : 2009-09-27
來自 : 台灣

PostSubject: Re: Aikido Vs. MMA Real Fight Part 2   Aikido Vs. MMA Real Fight Part 2 EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 6:09 am

His attitude puts a lot of us in shame.
Fighdo.......

Over
Back to top Go down
kwong
Admin
kwong

文章數 : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Aikido Vs. MMA Real Fight Part 2   Aikido Vs. MMA Real Fight Part 2 EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 11:51 am

he is the hero. Look at him, he is mush older than the MMA guy.

His throwing and control skill is better than the MMA guy. cheers It is coming from his Aikido training, We should apply our Chin Na and throwing skill in this case
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.com/kwongy64
calvy168

文章數 : 257
注冊日期 : 2009-02-02
來自 : Australia / Hong Kong

PostSubject: Re: Aikido Vs. MMA Real Fight Part 2   Aikido Vs. MMA Real Fight Part 2 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 3:35 am

I think the MMA guy is not too skilled. Looks a little bit like he hasn't been learning for a long time.

Compare the two, the MMA guy has nothing up his sleeves. Like he has no specialty at all while the Aikido guy has ground fighting and locks as his specialty.

So when you put those two together, the MMA guy would surely be owned as in this case. If the MMA guy has a stable stance then maybe he might stand a chance against the Aikido guy I think

But nice to learn from this and yeh, chi na would be good to train.

Calvin
Back to top Go down
E.T.

文章數 : 499
注冊日期 : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Aikido Vs. MMA Real Fight Part 2   Aikido Vs. MMA Real Fight Part 2 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 6:01 am

Simply it is not a real fight
Back to top Go down
地躺小子
Admin
地躺小子

文章數 : 592
來自 : 中国吉林省, 白林寺

PostSubject: Re: Aikido Vs. MMA Real Fight Part 2   Aikido Vs. MMA Real Fight Part 2 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 9:02 am

The disucssion start getting amibiguous
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/dnmgch
Overlord
Admin
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Aikido Vs. MMA Real Fight Part 2   Aikido Vs. MMA Real Fight Part 2 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 10:41 am

dont worry william, it means if you train hard, you do well in any specialty and better than anyone who dont train hard.

Over Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shingo

文章數 : 331
注冊日期 : 2009-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Aikido Vs. MMA Real Fight Part 2   Aikido Vs. MMA Real Fight Part 2 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 10:48 am

Can I have a say on this clip?

They are speaking Japanese, it was held in Japan somewhere. But, I can't locate where.

I love Chin Na because the way that techniques are executed is beautiful.
However, as far as I know from my experience, Chin Na can control an opponent as long as the opponent is weaker than you or even to you. So, it is a way of showing your skills which are much better than that of the opponent. If your opponents are physically superior to you, Chin Na is useless against them. I learnt this in a hard way in NZ.

This principle applies to throws too. It is very difficult to throw bigger and heavier opponents. I learnt this in a hard way in Japan.

What do you think of these points, Bros?

Shingo
Back to top Go down
Overlord
Admin
Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Aikido Vs. MMA Real Fight Part 2   Aikido Vs. MMA Real Fight Part 2 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 11:13 am

Shingo wrote:

They are speaking Japanese, it was held in Japan somewhere. But, I can't locate where.

However, as far as I know from my experience, Chin Na can control an opponent as long as the opponent is weaker than you or even to you. So, it is a way of showing your skills which are much better than that of the opponent. If your opponents are physically superior to you, Chin Na is useless against them. I learnt this in a hard way in NZ.

This principle applies to throws too. It is very difficult to throw bigger and heavier opponents. I learnt this in a hard way in Japan.

Shingo

Agree. Unless you have very good mechanical advantage, otherwise no point doing qinna.
Most of senior internal martial artists do not like bull-fighting (taking long and agonizing period to finish).

But qinna is one of a way to test your gongli. Usually people with better gongli have better control in qinna. Gongli means your level in martial arts.
(Master Xu is small, but his gongli is superior enable him to execute some of the techniques on us)

Keep in mind he use very good chopping technique at the beginning. Has he got opp's neck, it is finished.

Over
Back to top Go down
E.T.

文章數 : 499
注冊日期 : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Aikido Vs. MMA Real Fight Part 2   Aikido Vs. MMA Real Fight Part 2 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 7:50 pm

Shingo wrote:

Shingo

Totally agree. Weight and strength determine the result of Chin Na or wrestling. That's why wrestling, judo competition practically need to base on people's body weight to make classification.

In some rare situation, small guy can successfully use chin na or wrestling against big guy. It is the "position". For example, small guy can use back neck lock to defeat big guy. Small guy can throw down a big guy, if he stand in a good position to make the big guy to lose balance.

The point is how to go to a good "position" in a real fight?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aikido Vs. MMA Real Fight Part 2   Aikido Vs. MMA Real Fight Part 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Aikido Vs. MMA Real Fight Part 2
Page 1 of 1