南方愛武小站 Southern Site Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
南方愛武小站 Southern Site Inn

研討武術劍術 We explore Chinese martial arts, IMA and Swordmanship http://user3.jabry.com/southsite/index.htm

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

bagua open hand technique

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kwong
Admin
kwong

文章數 : 1510
注冊日期 : 2009-01-25

bagua open hand technique Empty
PostSubject: bagua open hand technique   bagua open hand technique EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 9:41 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.com/kwongy64
Overlord
Admin
Overlord

文章數 : 507
注冊日期 : 2009-09-27
來自 : 台灣

PostSubject: Re: bagua open hand technique   bagua open hand technique EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 10:10 am

The guy slap too hard in training, he severely debilitate the other guy's head in the first strike, a tap on the back then, his hand did not let go after the impact, that is another kind of power. He should not be a teacher at the first place. Can cause internal injury. See the other guy is short of breath, face red and sitting down. He was not in good condition then, training should be stopped. But i am not a pro, i just know the student is really not doing well after the first hit.

Usually teacher likes to show how good by beating up their students but i disagree. It is how much you can make the student grow that make a great teacher.

Over
Back to top Go down
E.T.

文章數 : 499
注冊日期 : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: bagua open hand technique   bagua open hand technique EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 8:33 pm

It seems the techniques demonstrated are workable.

The question I want to ask is "how to make such theoretic techniques work at your body?" What make you able to react opponent's attack and counter punch like the vidoe clip shown?
Back to top Go down
calvy168

文章數 : 257
注冊日期 : 2009-02-02
來自 : Australia / Hong Kong

PostSubject: Re: bagua open hand technique   bagua open hand technique EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 9:00 am

Yep, the application is the hardest to do.

Yes, I think he hit the other guy's nose or something on the first blow. You can see the other guy looks like he's starting to faint or something.

But as for being an instructor or not. Well I think it's ok but could be a bit more careful when doing moves on your students or peers as in the end martial arts are dangerous in a way if you're not careful.

Calvin
Back to top Go down
Shingo

文章數 : 331
注冊日期 : 2009-08-06

PostSubject: Re: bagua open hand technique   bagua open hand technique EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 10:38 am

Let me have a say...

I can clearly see the guy in the clip is using "Silat" but in a really fancy way (probably incorporating Bagua).
Instead of closing in and shut an opponent down with lots of elbowing and knees which Silat practitioners normally do, he is walking around with sticky hands.

I am sure the palm strikes stun the opponent for few seconds, but takedowns without major blows like that is little questionable...

Shingo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bagua open hand technique   bagua open hand technique Empty

Back to top Go down

bagua open hand technique
Page 1 of 1