南方愛武小站 Southern Site Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
南方愛武小站 Southern Site Inn

研討武術劍術 We explore Chinese martial arts, IMA and Swordmanship http://user3.jabry.com/southsite/index.htm

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PUSH HANDS COMPETITION

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MM1970

MM1970

文章數 : 642
注冊日期 : 2009-01-25
年齡 : 54
來自 : Sydney

PUSH HANDS COMPETITION Empty
PostSubject: PUSH HANDS COMPETITION   PUSH HANDS COMPETITION EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 3:16 pm

Back to top Go down
Bo Sim Sau

Bo Sim Sau

文章數 : 104
注冊日期 : 2009-04-18

PostSubject: Re: PUSH HANDS COMPETITION   PUSH HANDS COMPETITION EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 5:32 am

They are like two children pushing one another in a childcare centre, “I want my toys back!”, “No! You leave my toys alone!" The teacher rushes in 'come on boys .........no grabbing the hair , no hitting the eyes or nose, no cloth ripping......and be nice to one another while you push the wheel barrow around and play!

PUSH HANDS COMPETITION Cide4b83ae6d2df4090b1db
Back to top Go down
地躺小子
Admin
地躺小子

文章數 : 592
來自 : 中国吉林省, 白林寺

PostSubject: one of my fav................   PUSH HANDS COMPETITION EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 6:11 am

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/dnmgch
Bo Sim Sau

Bo Sim Sau

PostSubject: Re: PUSH HANDS COMPETITION   PUSH HANDS COMPETITION EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 11:39 am

What can I say............but really I'd like to see these guys go down to Kingscross's hotspots and do the same to the bouncers in front of the strip clubs......., the result may be differ in reality.
Back to top Go down
E.T.

文章數 : 499
注冊日期 : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: PUSH HANDS COMPETITION   PUSH HANDS COMPETITION EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 10:25 pm

地躺小子 wrote:

呢條片已經係最好既推手比賽片. 起碼都覺得佢地既動作係有技術, 有效果.

不過, 好多太極人又話佢地吾係玩太極.

玩太極既人, 好多都係抱住自己厄自己既心去玩.
Back to top Go down
Shingo

PostSubject: Re: PUSH HANDS COMPETITION   PUSH HANDS COMPETITION EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 6:10 am

I couldn't resist my temptation of posting here, because the comments posted are so funny.

Well, my Taiji master in NZ told me one day:
If you want to join push hand contests, you should do Rugby rather than Taiji.
Apparently, these competitions are about muscular power generated by body mass and weight. So, bigger and heavier people always win against skilled Taiji practitioners.

Therefore, my question is:
What is the purpose of holding Taichi push hand competitions where the Taiji skills are irrelevant for the match?
Back to top Go down
地躺小子
Admin
地躺小子

PostSubject: Re: PUSH HANDS COMPETITION   PUSH HANDS COMPETITION EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 8:58 am

Shingo wrote:
I couldn't resist my temptation of posting here, because the comments posted are so funny.

Apparently, these competitions are about muscular power generated by body mass and weight. So, bigger and heavier people always win against skilled Taiji practitioners.

What is the purpose of holding Taichi push hand competitions where the Taiji skills are irrelevant for the match?

if u wanna do push hands better, u can also cross-training with freestyle wrestling as well, since they would attack your leg more and can help u to build a strong stance base..................... geek

I am also keen on cross-training with push-handers and other styles' grappler.................
Back to top Go down
Bo Sim Sau

Bo Sim Sau

PostSubject: Re: PUSH HANDS COMPETITION   PUSH HANDS COMPETITION EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 12:02 pm

Shingo wrote:

Right on Point! Real Tai Chi push hands doesn't look anything like these comp.

Rugby players are big and strong, try to bounce them off.............Na.....................I doubt it mate! That is why the pubs have big black islanders working at the doors, no one is gonna hazard their hands or mess with them. That is the reality! No skinny guy is gonna try to smash against a brick wall or take them down, the advantage is so freaking clear.
Back to top Go down
地躺小子
Admin
地躺小子

PostSubject: One more new clip.............   PUSH HANDS COMPETITION EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 6:52 am

Are they trying to do greco-roman wrestling in a ring?(without hand gripping? without pin? without hip-throw?)

Back to top Go down
Bo Sim Sau

Bo Sim Sau

PostSubject: Re: PUSH HANDS COMPETITION   PUSH HANDS COMPETITION EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 7:09 am

Don't need to go and see this sort of half bucket water would-be wrestling, come down to Cronulla beach front on a Friday and saturday night and get the same actions. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PUSH HANDS COMPETITION   PUSH HANDS COMPETITION Empty

Back to top Go down

PUSH HANDS COMPETITION
Page 1 of 1