南方愛武小站 Southern Site Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
南方愛武小站 Southern Site Inn

研討武術劍術 We explore Chinese martial arts, IMA and Swordmanship http://user3.jabry.com/southsite/index.htm

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Real Push hands from Chen Village China

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
E.T.

文章數 : 499
注冊日期 : 2009-01-27

Real Push hands from Chen Village China  Empty
PostSubject: Real Push hands from Chen Village China    Real Push hands from Chen Village China  EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 8:50 pm

The video heading say: REAL PUSH HANDS. I think there no real or fake push hand. But I agree think Chen Village push hands are more practical than other tai ji style.

When they go more practical training, they do it more like wrestling training. My experience tells me that many Kung Fu techniques actually came from Chinese wrestling techniques.

Back to top Go down
Vincent

文章數 : 58
注冊日期 : 2009-02-03

Real Push hands from Chen Village China  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Real Push hands from Chen Village China    Real Push hands from Chen Village China  EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 12:20 pm

This is wrestling not "push hand". Different style of Tai Chi they have slightly different push hand method. Chen's is very different (they have grappling, locking, catching...)but is not this. In the history of Tai Chi teaching and training, wrestling training method was first merge into the system in Beijing (mid to last 19th century). Today, the Wu (吳) Tai Chi in Hong Kong still have wrestling training but they won't say this is "push hand". The famous masters Wu Tai Kwan, Cheng Tin Hung, Wu Sing were all good in wrestling technique. The wrestling technique has proven as a very useful technique in both street fighing and in martial art competition. In my personal point of view include wrestling training in Tai Chi's system is a positive direction.

I saw some articles claimed that Chen village did employ some wrestling instructors (in 1980's) to train and pass wrestling technique to Chen's villager (student). I think it is a positive development, but also I think we should know the real history.
Back to top Go down

Real Push hands from Chen Village China
Page 1 of 1