南方愛武小站 Southern Site Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
南方愛武小站 Southern Site Inn

研討武術劍術 We explore Chinese martial arts, IMA and Swordmanship http://user3.jabry.com/southsite/index.htm

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

国际少林

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
nanyangshaolin

文章數 : 57
注冊日期 : 2009-06-28

国际少林 Empty
PostSubject: 国际少林   国际少林 EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 8:26 am

This is an old clip taken in 1999 of nanquanbeituI taken in KL.- 南拳北腿

not very good quality and properly done.

yesterday I found my sixiong ah siew, who is known for his iron everything from head to leg.

He is a formidable and fearsome fighter who is very well known in our Singapore nanyang shaolin kungfu. He is currently residing in Greece and is the appointed President of International Shaolin (国际少林)by my sifu Zhong Beng Joo. He is the only foremost direct student and authority of my sifu who is still actively constantly practising our shaolin kungfu.

here is his youtube profile:

P/S: please pardon me, I am still trying to get over how to embed this!
Back to top Go down
http://www.martialartx.com
Overlord
Admin
Overlord

文章數 : 507
注冊日期 : 2009-09-27
來自 : 台灣

国际少林 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 国际少林   国际少林 EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 9:27 am

nanyangshaolin wrote:
This is an old clip taken in 1999 of nanquanbeituI taken in KL.- 南拳北腿

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE_qzFQeJyQ

I like tis form, no bs and solid. Get to the point.

OVer
Back to top Go down
nanyangshaolin

国际少林 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 国际少林   国际少林 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 9:40 am

Thank you overlord

This is the 1st form we learn at nanyang shaolin. if u notice, the top part is 南拳, the 2nd part is 北腿. they are the preparation for yizhimei and ying yang 16 kicks.

best regards
micke
Back to top Go down
Overlord
Admin
Overlord

国际少林 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 国际少林   国际少林 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 11:16 am

nanyangshaolin wrote:
Thank you overlord

This is the 1st form we learn at nanyang shaolin. if u notice, the top part is 南拳, the 2nd part is 北腿. they are the preparation for yizhimei and ying yang 16 kicks.

best regards
micke

errr.....?
what is yizhimei stand for in chinese?

Thanks,

Over
Back to top Go down
nanyangshaolin

国际少林 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 国际少林   国际少林 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 12:12 pm

sorry I forget the chinese words.- 一支梅。

copy this from some website:
1. The origin of Yizhimei quan:
Shaolin Yizhimei boxing is a style of boxing currently practiced at the Shaolin Guoshu Association in Singapore. This style, according to the Singapore tradition, was passes down by the creator of Southern Shaolin Yizhimei boxing, Chan Master Gaocan, in order to deliver all sentient beings and spread Shaolin gongfu.
According to the “Boxing Manual” of Shaolin Temple, Yizhimei boxing originated at Shaolin Temple sometime in the Jiajing reign of Ming dynasty (1522-1567). Japanese pirates would often conduct raids along the Southeastern coast, and the court ordered the Shaolin monks several times to assist in pacifying the bandits. At this time, there were monks who, having been killed or crippled in battle, were unable to return to the mountain. Therefore, they set up a temple there and practiced Chan.

During the Qing dynasty, a group of 5 monks and lay disciples including Jingren and Jinglin set out from Shaolin to travel south, establishing temples in Fujian, Guangzhou, Hainan, Taiwan, Vietnam, and other areas, passing on the Shaolin martial arts as they did. After a period of time and assimilation, the skills which originated at Shaolin temple took on their own essence after being practiced for a long time in the south, and became Southern Shaolin… Yizhimei is also a part of Southern Shaolin.
Yizhimei boxing was developed from Shaolin Arhat boxing. Its creator, the monk Gaocan, studied Shaolin boxing at an early age with the teacher Cao Biao. Later, he arrived at the Qingyu Temple in Fujian to become a monk, and became the disciple of the monk Lianghe. He received the precepts under the monk Weijia of the Guangxiao Temple in Putian, then traveled to Puji Temple in Nanhai, Zhejiang, seeking to become a disciple of the monk Huijing in order to study the orthodox school of Shaolin gognfu. In 1901 he set off to travel to Singapore, Malaysia, and other areas where he taught his art. Chan Master Gaocan, through long and arduous practice and fighting experience, made several improvements to and further developed Yizhimei boxing.

In 1948, Gaocan became the abbot of the Shuanglin Temple in Singapore, and in 1958 personally began and presided over the founding of the South Asia Shaolin Guoshu Association. Through the association, he widely spread Yizhimei, and there are more than 3000 who practice it. Because of his efforts, he caught ill and passed away in 1960. After this, his top students continued the work of propagating and developing Yizhimei, in order to broadly spread this style across Asia.

some truth but not all.
Back to top Go down
Overlord
Admin
Overlord

国际少林 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 国际少林   国际少林 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 12:32 pm

oh....it is a buddhist martial art.....amitofo

I like.

Over
Back to top Go down
kwong
Admin
kwong

文章數 : 1510
注冊日期 : 2009-01-25

国际少林 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 国际少林   国际少林 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 12:34 pm

怪俠一枝梅?
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.com/kwongy64
Overlord
Admin
Overlord

国际少林 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 国际少林   国际少林 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 12:38 pm

kwong wrote:
怪俠一枝梅?

No la, this one.

But i am curious about yinyang 18 kick. Sound cool.

Over
Back to top Go down
nanyangshaolin

国际少林 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 国际少林   国际少林 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 2:03 pm

there have been many variations of it but it will contain the basic things there, the video there is just the beginner yizhimei, it is not the combat one & different from mine,

炼拳半年,炼腿三年。
Back to top Go down
E.T.

文章數 : 499
注冊日期 : 2009-01-27

国际少林 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 国际少林   国际少林 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 7:37 pm

I think the 一枝梅 is come from 浙江 because the style is similiar to 浙江南拳.

Back to top Go down
nanyangshaolin

国际少林 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 国际少林   国际少林 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 2:36 am

hi Sifu Eric

saw the clip & only saw little similarities but you could be right cos my sigung was widely travelled before he came to nanyang. I noticed the form you posted is more on conditioning & breathing exercises? where is it from? Is it Zhejiang?

thank yhou
Back to top Go down
Overlord
Admin
Overlord

国际少林 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 国际少林   国际少林 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 12:32 pm

About nanquanbeitui, feel the left hand is like using saber (broad sword), protecting the back and head when turning.
Thanks for sharing. Will be good if there is yinyang 18 kick.

Over
Back to top Go down
E.T.

文章數 : 499
注冊日期 : 2009-01-27

国际少林 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 国际少林   国际少林 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 8:17 pm

nanyangshaolin wrote:
hi Sifu Eric

saw the clip & only saw little similarities but you could be right cos my sigung was widely travelled before he came to nanyang. I noticed the form you posted is more on conditioning & breathing exercises? where is it from? Is it Zhejiang?

thank yhou

Hi brother Nanyangshaolin,

Yes, it is Zhejiang 浙江. Comparing with Canton and Fujian, Yizhimei is more close to Zhejiang style nanquan(南拳) I believe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

国际少林 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 国际少林   国际少林 Empty

Back to top Go down

国际少林
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
南方愛武小站 Southern Site Inn :: Sydney Washan Union 悉尼華山分會 :: 武術討論 Martial arts Discussion-
Jump to: