南方愛武小站 Southern Site Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
南方愛武小站 Southern Site Inn

研討武術劍術 We explore Chinese martial arts, IMA and Swordmanship http://user3.jabry.com/southsite/index.htm

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Opera Wing Chun

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
E.T.

文章數 : 499
注冊日期 : 2009-01-27

Opera Wing Chun Empty
PostSubject: Opera Wing Chun   Opera Wing Chun EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 9:36 am

Back to top Go down
E.T.

Opera Wing Chun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opera Wing Chun   Opera Wing Chun EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 9:38 am

Back to top Go down
E.T.

Opera Wing Chun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opera Wing Chun   Opera Wing Chun EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 9:43 am

Wing Chun originally taugh in Canton Chinese Opera, the Red Boat. It is valuable to find the original Wing Chun from Chinese Opera Wing Chun.

Unfortunately, both of the above clips performed very poor.
Back to top Go down
Overlord
Admin
Overlord

文章數 : 507
注冊日期 : 2009-09-27
來自 : 台灣

Opera Wing Chun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opera Wing Chun   Opera Wing Chun EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 11:28 pm

E.T. wrote:
Wing Chun originally taugh in Canton Chinese Opera, the Red Boat. It is valuable to find the original Wing Chun from Chinese Opera Wing Chun.

poor performance? never!
be lucky if i can dangle the staff when i am the age....

Over
Back to top Go down
E.T.

Opera Wing Chun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opera Wing Chun   Opera Wing Chun EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 3:32 am

Overlord wrote:
E.T. wrote:

poor performance? never!
be lucky if i can dangle the staff when i am the age....

Over

I don't think so. Many old guy can do good staff form. Chinese martial arts idiom says: "拳怕少壯, 棍怕老郎"

See these Wing Chun classics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a498NKd2vsE

and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_-EYEMUIoM&feature=related

Besides, I wonder the staff form performed in the Opera Wing Chun clip is not really traditional Wing Chun or Cantonese staff style.
Back to top Go down
Shingo

文章數 : 331
注冊日期 : 2009-08-06

Opera Wing Chun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opera Wing Chun   Opera Wing Chun EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 6:26 am

Fascinating...the empty handed form looks like mixture of Southern systems.

But, the modern Wing Chun looks so different from the original style.
Who changed it and why it has been changed? Do you know anything about this, sifu Eric-san?
Back to top Go down
Overlord
Admin
Overlord

Opera Wing Chun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opera Wing Chun   Opera Wing Chun EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 11:09 am

never good with staff.....
so i be lucky if i can dangle a staff now ....ha ha

Over
Back to top Go down
E.T.

Opera Wing Chun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opera Wing Chun   Opera Wing Chun EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 3:59 am

Shingo wrote:

Who changed it and why it has been changed? Do you know anything about this, sifu Eric-san?

The 張渭波, 少林詠春八仙拳, I think he/they added some Chinese Opera movements into martial arts.

Nowaday the most famous Wing Chun should be Yip Man, who is Bruce Lee's Sifu. There are many other types of Wing Chun. All Wing Chun schools can be traced back their origination from the Red Boat (紅船) which was a Chinese Opera troupe want along the river to perform their opera shows in towns and villages

The important Red Boat masters were Leung Yie Tie (梁二娣), Wong Wah Pao(黃華寶) , Lau Kam(陸錦), and Law Man Kung(羅晚恭). All of them learned Wing Chun from Leung Po Chau (梁博儔) who was husband of Wing Chun founder Yim Wing Chun(嚴詠春).

All Wing Chun styles are similiar, they stand Kim Yeung Ma and mainly straight punch. In the video clip, 少林詠春八仙拳, I think it is possibly not Wing Chun form.

About Wing Chun history, something I don't understand:

1) Red Boat was a opera troupe. They lived on the boat and moved around the big rivers of Canton. How can they teach so many students?
2) The traditional training of Chinese opera is very similiar to northern style Kung Fu. Why that Wing Chun don't have any northern style, eg high kick, jumping kick?
3) Why only Leung Po Chau (梁博儔) only teach the Red Boat person Wing Chun?
Back to top Go down
Shingo

文章數 : 331
注冊日期 : 2009-08-06

Opera Wing Chun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opera Wing Chun   Opera Wing Chun EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 6:26 am

Thank you for the detailed insight into Wing Chun, Eric-san.

It is amazing how you can track down all practitioners in the lineage. You should be a Kungfu historian.
So, if I understand correctly, Wing Chun was developed on the boat. That is why the stance is narrow and movements are compact so that they don't loose the balance when executing punches and kicks.
Back to top Go down
Overlord
Admin
Overlord

Opera Wing Chun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opera Wing Chun   Opera Wing Chun EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 10:56 am

E.T. wrote:
Shingo wrote:

The 張渭波, 少林詠春八仙拳, I think he/they added some Chinese Opera movements into martial arts.

Nowaday the most famous Wing Chun should be Yip Man, who is Bruce Lee's Sifu. There are many other types of Wing Chun. All Wing Chun schools can be traced back their origination from the Red Boat (紅船) which was a Chinese Opera troupe want along the river to perform their opera shows in towns and villages

The important Red Boat masters were Leung Yie Tie (梁二娣), Wong Wah Pao(黃華寶) , Lau Kam(陸錦), and Law Man Kung(羅晚恭). All of them learned Wing Chun from Leung Po Chau (梁博儔) who was husband of Wing Chun founder Yim Wing Chun(嚴詠春).

All Wing Chun styles are similiar, they stand Kim Yeung Ma and mainly straight punch. In the video clip, 少林詠春八仙拳, I think it is possibly not Wing Chun form.

About Wing Chun history, something I don't understand:

1) Red Boat was a opera troupe. They lived on the boat and moved around the big rivers of Canton. How can they teach so many students?
2) The traditional training of Chinese opera is very similiar to northern style Kung Fu. Why that Wing Chun don't have any northern style, eg high kick, jumping kick?
3) Why only Leung Po Chau (梁博儔) only teach the Red Boat person Wing Chun?

To teach KF on boat is impossible because its on water. Instead of low horse stance, high stance is more adaptable to the mobile state of the boat. And to teach so many people, where there is no where to run, or kick and doing lots of display, wing chun is probably the best.

Try this guys next time when you trying to getting off the train, when training is almost at full stop. You cant do the big horse stance, bc you will lose balance. But if you walk down the isle with you hands like wingchun sticky hand and rotate them when you walk down, you find it much easier. Just try. Wink

Over
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Opera Wing Chun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opera Wing Chun   Opera Wing Chun Empty

Back to top Go down

Opera Wing Chun
Page 1 of 1