南方愛武小站 Southern Site Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
南方愛武小站 Southern Site Inn

研討武術劍術 We explore Chinese martial arts, IMA and Swordmanship http://user3.jabry.com/southsite/index.htm

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Training Pattern

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
calvy168

文章數 : 257
注冊日期 : 2009-02-02
來自 : Australia / Hong Kong

Training Pattern Empty
PostSubject: Training Pattern   Training Pattern EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 8:01 am

Hello guys,

Just wondering how the training pattern is gonna go cause the more people there are the harder it is to handle.

I'll list the elements that are present at our training now:
- Basic Punches
- Basic Kicks
- Forms (plus Weaponery)
- Stance training
- Arm/Power training
- Conditioning
- Stamina
- Sparringll list the elements that is present at our training now:
- Basic Punches
- Basic Kicks
- Forms (plus Weaponery)
- Stance training
- Arm/Power training
- Conditioning
- Stamina
- Sparring

We start off with Basic punches and kicks led by Sam (or possibly Michael too) then push ups and splits

I see lots of our older guys learn from ET right after the basic stuff. So I am thinking that this time would be free practicing time for the newer guys. PROBLEM: Not all new guys know what to do and I believe lots doesn't know. Most just walks around doing nothing. Most stay doing very little until Shingo and I start gathering guys together to do power training and conditioning. So, what program or stuff should we get them to do in the mean time?

Then after that would be power training and conditioning (mostly led by Shingo now)

Then it's basiclly free training.

Question lies in the time allocation and the content of the stuff we're doing.

We let the old guys have how long to do their own stuff before we do the training and conditionings?

I know that our group is a free group and we do things freely but the older guys know what we do and can keep ourselves occupied even if we're alone. Just want to cater the newer guys.

Anybody got any goals or anything maybe we can strive for?

Should we do it so that everybody is all good and say after 6 month's time we could just pick a random out of our group and they would be pretty well built?

Ideas please.

Calvin
Back to top Go down
Jervis

文章數 : 82
注冊日期 : 2009-08-24

Training Pattern Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Pattern   Training Pattern EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 7:04 am

maybe we can teach the new guys a few basic self defense techniques. that way they'll get something out of the experience and will be motivated to train the basic punches and kicks.
this is how i think, i'm motivated to train harder so i can perfect my techniques. then over the week the new guys might want to come back for some correction of the technique they just learnt (and tried to use on their friends) and might bring their friends over. though it's quite dangerous sharing this kind of knowledge without our sifu's permission, if they wanted to learn more, just recommend them to our sifus if they're really into it. ( kinda like the first lesson is free) It's just a suggestion, you can object to this if you want.
Back to top Go down
地躺小子
Admin
地躺小子

文章數 : 592
注冊日期 : 2009-01-25
來自 : 中国吉林省, 白林寺

Training Pattern Empty
PostSubject: Remember.......................   Training Pattern EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 12:36 pm

呢個唔係興趣班,只係一個俱樂部園地.........
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/dnmgch
Shingo

文章數 : 331
注冊日期 : 2009-08-06

Training Pattern Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Pattern   Training Pattern EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 2:02 pm

OK, Bros chill out....

We are not in the military school or the Karate class.

I could offer much harder and more disciplined types of training when we do Southern Mantis, but my nature doesn't allow me to do so. But, I can cover sparring and self-defense aspects.

We can do more of chi sau and practical techniques with partners. When people get used to soft and hard movements in not distant future, we can do two men fixed light sparring. Full-speed sparring could be carried out in future when people get to the level where their defense and offense become natural.

I will set up a regular Mantis session from 11:30 to 12:30 from now on, because Bro Brad asked me few times to do not-really-casual mantis sessions.

So, what I am thinking of doing is like:
- Lots of short punches
- Low & high kicks
- Chi sau
- Techniques with partners (long/middle/close range combat including china and throws)
- Muscle & bone hard gong
- Conditioning
- Cool down

We somehow get it all or some done in 60 min.

So, please remind me on Sat if I look like completely forget about this, because my mind will be totally blank and behaving like living dead due to the craziness at Uni.

Cheers

SSS
Back to top Go down
地躺小子
Admin
地躺小子

文章數 : 592
注冊日期 : 2009-01-25
來自 : 中国吉林省, 白林寺

Training Pattern Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Pattern   Training Pattern EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 5:56 am

You guys should remember who wants to join a boot camp...................
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/dnmgch
Overlord
Admin
Overlord

文章數 : 507
注冊日期 : 2009-09-27
來自 : 台灣

Training Pattern Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Pattern   Training Pattern EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 9:56 pm

This is my training routine, don't know if this help.
1 Running for 30 mins. For warm up.
2 Massage the ear and eyes, stretch for two mins.
3 Zhang Zhuan, stance. At least 30 mins. (With breathing exercise)
4 Just pick some movement from the form, and do them repetitively. For instance, bengquan for 200 times.
5 Cool off, massage muscles.

I believe most of the discipline need to be done alone. Training with friends is to find out the weakness in yourself.
In the old days, people trained hard because it is a living tool. Now we are just playing, ke ke..

Over
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Training Pattern Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Pattern   Training Pattern Empty

Back to top Go down

Training Pattern
Page 1 of 1