南方愛武小站 Southern Site Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
南方愛武小站 Southern Site Inn

研討武術劍術 We explore Chinese martial arts, IMA and Swordmanship http://user3.jabry.com/southsite/index.htm

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

22 August 2009 Eastwood Martial Arts Gathering

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
E.T.

文章數 : 499
注冊日期 : 2009-01-27

22 August 2009 Eastwood Martial Arts Gathering Empty
PostSubject: 22 August 2009 Eastwood Martial Arts Gathering   22 August 2009 Eastwood Martial Arts Gathering EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 12:29 am

We are a group of Sydney martial arts lovers. Every Saturday morning we have a friendship gathering and training at Eastwood.

We invite you to joint our martial arts training/gathering:

Time: Saturday, 10:00 am to 12:00 pm

Place: Glen Reserve, Glen St., Eastwood, NSW 2122

What we will do? :
Learning martial arts, share your knowledges(if you are willing to do so), training together, get more martial arts friends, friendship sparring, have fun....

It is a friendship gathering, no cost or paper works involved. Any martial arts style players are welcome to joint.

To understand our interest group more, please check our videos in youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/sydwashan
Back to top Go down
calvy168

文章數 : 257
注冊日期 : 2009-02-02
來自 : Australia / Hong Kong

PostSubject: Re: 22 August 2009 Eastwood Martial Arts Gathering   22 August 2009 Eastwood Martial Arts Gathering EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 7:09 am

Argh Guys,

As I have mentioned last week, I got a training to do this Saturday so I will not be there in the morning.

But after the training I'll see how things goes and I might come to train with you guys.

Please be nice to our new comers.

Take plenty of clips and pictures ^^

Calvin
Back to top Go down
kwong
Admin
kwong

文章數 : 1510
注冊日期 : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: 22 August 2009 Eastwood Martial Arts Gathering   22 August 2009 Eastwood Martial Arts Gathering EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 10:52 am

ok i Will come to eastwood around 3pm like usual
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.com/kwongy64
Shingo

文章數 : 331
注冊日期 : 2009-08-06

PostSubject: Re: 22 August 2009 Eastwood Martial Arts Gathering   22 August 2009 Eastwood Martial Arts Gathering EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 12:11 pm

Bros...

You guys have a medical-related degree.
One of the Jp girls wants to get a nursing degree or some sort.
I really don't know which Uni or TAFE offers that kind of degrees and what she needs like English level, tuition fees etc.

Can you talk to her about it when you are available?

Cheers

Shingo
Back to top Go down
calvy168

PostSubject: Re: 22 August 2009 Eastwood Martial Arts Gathering   22 August 2009 Eastwood Martial Arts Gathering EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 12:35 pm

Nursing is offered at University of Sydney and many other universities.

I know few nurses so I will ask for you ok.

But be cautious about which Educational Institute you choose.
Some are not recognised, so will be a waste of money and time if you study it and it is not recognised.

Can you ask what she is looking for like where would she want to work and all that general stuff?

Then I'll ask for you ok

Calvin
Back to top Go down
Shingo

PostSubject: Re: 22 August 2009 Eastwood Martial Arts Gathering   22 August 2009 Eastwood Martial Arts Gathering EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 11:29 am

Thank you all for hosting the Japanese girls.

They said to me they had a good time in Japanese. Mayumi is very keen to practise and she is coming back next week.
Kozue may not come back because she told me indirectly that Kungfu is hard for her.

Anyway, I asked them to promote SWU at their language school where most of students are Japanese girls.

Have a nice weekend

Shingo
Back to top Go down
Shingo

PostSubject: Re: 22 August 2009 Eastwood Martial Arts Gathering   22 August 2009 Eastwood Martial Arts Gathering EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 11:32 am

calvy168 wrote:

Some are not recognised, so will be a waste of money and time if you study it and it is not recognised.

Can you ask what she is looking for like where would she want to work and all that general stuff?

Then I'll ask for you ok

Calvin

Yeah, Mayumi wants to do nursing assistant or something. But, she's got problems with her English. I am not sure when she wants to do it. But, can you suggest her which institution she should go?

They are on a working holiday visa. I don't think they are allowed to study for a degree at this stage.

Shingo
Back to top Go down
calvy168

PostSubject: Re: 22 August 2009 Eastwood Martial Arts Gathering   22 August 2009 Eastwood Martial Arts Gathering EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 11:50 am

Shingo wrote:
calvy168 wrote:

Then I'll ask for you ok

Calvin

Yeah, Mayumi wants to do nursing assistant or something. But, she's got problems with her English. I am not sure when she wants to do it. But, can you suggest her which institution she should go?

They are on a working holiday visa. I don't think they are allowed to study for a degree at this stage.

Shingo

If she is on Holiday then I don't think she is allowed to apply for the course.

I think she needs to get study Visa and all that stuff plus academically have to be good to apply for the course then she can apply.

Also I would suggest her to improve her English before she studies. Uni is not easy.

I'll try to ask around for her.

Calvin
Back to top Go down
ben

文章數 : 20
注冊日期 : 2009-06-08

PostSubject: Re: 22 August 2009 Eastwood Martial Arts Gathering   22 August 2009 Eastwood Martial Arts Gathering EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 11:53 am

Shingo,

I didn't see your messages here until just now (Saturday evening). Please let me also try to help.

TAFE NSW appears to be internationally recognized and they have a few different options for nursing related courses, just depending on which location you go to. It's probably also cheaper, and the entry conditions wouldn't be as strict in terms of general knowledge (although I don't know about the VISA situation).. in terms of accreditation though the highest level you can get through them is a Certificate IV or Diploma.

For nursing specifically there is a division of UWS - "School of Nursing and Midwifery"

http://www.uws.edu.au/nursing/son

They have Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma, Bachelor and Nursing Degrees which, being provided from UWS would be recognized everywhere, although it could be a more complicated application process to get in.

I thought I might as well check up for you now because I was having a look around myself at courses to persue with different institutions.
Back to top Go down
Shingo

PostSubject: Re: 22 August 2009 Eastwood Martial Arts Gathering   22 August 2009 Eastwood Martial Arts Gathering EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 10:52 am

Thanks for the info, Bro B-san.

It will be great if you can teach her English, so she will pass IELTS test (English proficiency test for non-native English speakers).

Bro C,
Yap, it is not easy for the Japanese to get into tertiary institutions in OZ.

Please understand that people unfortunately born in Japan never get to study a verbal aspect of English. Teachers can't speak it so they teach English in Japanese, so we learn English grammar like formulae in maths just for exams. The crappy educational system in Jp makes us keep the bottom position in the world TOEFUL ranking every year.

The educational system will never improve, because the government officials, ministers, and teachers are brought up in the crappy system too. So, it is a norm that nobody speaks more than one language in Japan.
Back to top Go down
ben

PostSubject: Re: 22 August 2009 Eastwood Martial Arts Gathering   22 August 2009 Eastwood Martial Arts Gathering EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 11:28 am

Shingo,

TAFE would be a good first option for her. I can find out which specific courses there are for Nursing and where they are held and give them to you if you want..

Yes also I did exchange phone number for her, she lives close to Chatswood where I work so I told her she is welcome to come to meet me after work and I can teach her, and I hope she understood my offer.

Coincidentally I actually just started a TESOL course, which is to teach english overseas.
Back to top Go down
Shingo

PostSubject: Re: 22 August 2009 Eastwood Martial Arts Gathering   22 August 2009 Eastwood Martial Arts Gathering EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 7:40 am

Bro B,
Ah, nice. So, you can teach her English professionally. It is good for her.
Mind you that the Japanese always say "yes", but it doesn't mean "I understand or I agree".
We say "yes" as I am listening wether we understand or not.

It is difficult for us to produce sentences containing negative connotations due to the cultural restrictions.
So, saying "No, I don't understand" takes a lot of practice. Even saying "I" or "You" was very hard for me, because it is rude in Japanese.

My solution to these problems was to split my personality into two. Now there are Japanese Me and English Me co-existing in one body. That's why I am getting mad.

S
Back to top Go down
calvy168

PostSubject: Re: 22 August 2009 Eastwood Martial Arts Gathering   22 August 2009 Eastwood Martial Arts Gathering EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 11:22 am

Argh great work Ben on the research.

As for nursing in UWS. I am not 100% sure that it is recognised world wide.

I do agree with you that TAFE would most likely to be the best option for our Japanese friends here.

But yeh, I think would be good for them to take up an English course to study prior doing the nursing course.

Because I think it would be useless to go do the course and don't understand the teacher at all.

Depending on the Visa and everything, I think English Course should be done first with or without doing Nursing at the same time.

Isn't there nursing to study at Japan? Why not study nursing in Japan rather Australia? (not trying to discriminate but just curious)

Calvin
Back to top Go down
Shingo

PostSubject: Re: 22 August 2009 Eastwood Martial Arts Gathering   22 August 2009 Eastwood Martial Arts Gathering EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 3:20 pm

Bro C,

Mayumi and Kozue are qualified nurses in Japan. They've got a degree in Japanese.
The problem is that normally Japanese qualifications are not recognised overseas due to the language barrier.
My Japanese bachelor's degree in Molecular Biology was useless in NZ.

I think Mayumi wants to explore possibilities in OZ.

S
Back to top Go down
ben

PostSubject: Re: 22 August 2009 Eastwood Martial Arts Gathering   22 August 2009 Eastwood Martial Arts Gathering EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 12:50 am

I believe that, depending on which course you want to do at TAFE, some courses have another version for "international students" which is specifically to help international students who may not have a proficient level of english as native speakers.. if not that, then TAFE would either be able to accommodate students who need extra help in english, or there is always a choice of doing an english course through TAFE first. Every course and every campus is different on what they offer.

It would be the same for me as it is for Mayumi, say if I was going to go to Japan or Korea and study I.T there. I have qualifications and work experience here but going to another country would need almost to start from the beginning again, not only adjusting to a new language but having to work and understand the concepts in the new language.

Hey, its a good opportunity to go out to a new country, have a new experience but still keep learning and working. I hope I can be lucky to do that someday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 22 August 2009 Eastwood Martial Arts Gathering   22 August 2009 Eastwood Martial Arts Gathering Empty

Back to top Go down

22 August 2009 Eastwood Martial Arts Gathering
Page 1 of 1