南方愛武小站 Southern Site Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
南方愛武小站 Southern Site Inn

研討武術劍術 We explore Chinese martial arts, IMA and Swordmanship http://user3.jabry.com/southsite/index.htm

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super awesomeness

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SHingo

Super awesomeness Empty
PostSubject: Super awesomeness   Super awesomeness EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 2:57 pm

Hi all

I kind of need some people who are willing to do some Southern Mantis training for 15 - 20 mins after the usual training.
My skills in Southern Mantis is getting shitty, because I don't practise it at all.

I would like to do some two men exercises like sets of some techniques, two men forms, Chin-Na, hitting arms, resisting drills and stuff. It is all practical and useful for street fighting, and you will eventually get lightning speed hand movements (but not as powerful as Hark hu, Hung Gar or Five ancestor styles).

Does anyone want to get Southern Mantis skills?
I guarantee you will be super awesome in 3 months!

Shingo
Back to top Go down
E.T.

文章數 : 499
注冊日期 : 2009-01-27

Super awesomeness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super awesomeness   Super awesomeness EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 8:40 pm

SHingo wrote:
Hi all

I kind of need some people who are willing to do some Southern Mantis training for 15 - 20 mins after the usual training.
My skills in Southern Mantis is getting shitty, because I don't practise it at all.

I would like to do some two men exercises like sets of some techniques, two men forms, Chin-Na, hitting arms, resisting drills and stuff. It is all practical and useful for street fighting, and you will eventually get lightning speed hand movements (but not as powerful as Hark hu, Hung Gar or Five ancestor styles).

Does anyone want to get Southern Mantis skills?
I guarantee you will be super awesome in 3 months!

Shingo

SHingo San,

Next time teach me. I want to learn such techniques.
Back to top Go down
地躺小子
Admin
地躺小子

文章數 : 592
注冊日期 : 2009-01-25
來自 : 中国吉林省, 白林寺

Super awesomeness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super awesomeness   Super awesomeness EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 10:05 am

i like to chai sau(grinding hands), its a nice and tough workout for me............ afro
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/dnmgch
Shingo

Super awesomeness Empty
PostSubject: Pure awesomeness   Super awesomeness EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 2:32 pm

Sifu Eric-san and Gongfu Bro William-san

Thank you for the feedback.
Yes, I will show some techniques and exercises ranging from extremely soft to ridiculously hard on coming Sat.
I hope people like torturous and sadistic Chow Gar moves.

Chai sau is hard, but there are so many other things harder than Chai sau in Southern Mantis.
I am happy to do hard and soft exercises with you, Bro W.

We will achieve pure awesomeness in no time at all!

Have a good week

SHingo
Back to top Go down
calvy168

文章數 : 257
注冊日期 : 2009-02-02
來自 : Australia / Hong Kong

Super awesomeness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super awesomeness   Super awesomeness EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 5:55 am

Shingo wrote:
Sifu Eric-san and Gongfu Bro William-san

Thank you for the feedback.
Yes, I will show some techniques and exercises ranging from extremely soft to ridiculously hard on coming Sat.
I hope people like torturous and sadistic Chow Gar moves.

Chai sau is hard, but there are so many other things harder than Chai sau in Southern Mantis.
I am happy to do hard and soft exercises with you, Bro W.

We will achieve pure awesomeness in no time at all!

Have a good week

SHingo

Hello all,

I would be more than happy to train your mantis moves hehe.

My Wu Chu is deproving heaps too and I think the Mantis would be a great help to me also.

I think from now on I might grab u guys to help me train back my Wu Chu aswell if you don't mind.

Doing forms only is not enough. Without the actual power training and strength training I think it's useless.

Calvin
Back to top Go down
Shingo

Super awesomeness Empty
PostSubject: Hard hitting & resisting exercises   Super awesomeness EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 7:33 am

Yes YES!! That's exactly what I need for maintaining the Mantis style.

I am looking forward to Wu Chu or Chow Gar hard conditioning training with Calvin and other volunteers.

Shingo
Back to top Go down
地躺小子
Admin
地躺小子

Super awesomeness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super awesomeness   Super awesomeness EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 7:44 am

I always understand both SPM and Wu Chu are based on the same concept..............
Back to top Go down
Shingo

Super awesomeness Empty
PostSubject: Pure attractiveness   Super awesomeness EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 6:50 am

Yap, you are right, Bro W.

I read some articles about the history of SPM, and SPM was created by putting all famous Southern styles together in the 17th or 18th century. So, no wonder I feel SPM is somewhere between Wu Chu (learning San chin from Calvin), Bakmei (I did 3 months and quit), and WingChun.

So, SPM is a hybrid style which is strongly influenced by traditional Southern Kungfu. Just learning SPM, you already experience many Southern styles. It is like you can taste many different flavours of ice cream by eating only one!!!!!!!! Sorry, I got carried out a bit....too much mushroom spores in my lungs.

Anyway, I am sure Sife Eric knows a lot more than me about the history and lineage of Kungfu.
Back to top Go down
地躺小子
Admin
地躺小子

Super awesomeness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super awesomeness   Super awesomeness EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 12:07 pm

Shingo wrote:
Yap, you are right, Bro W.

I read some articles about the history of SPM, and SPM was created by putting all famous Southern styles together in the 17th or 18th century. So, no wonder I feel SPM is somewhere between Wu Chu (learning San chin from Calvin), Bakmei (I did 3 months and quit), and WingChun.

So, SPM is a hybrid style which is strongly influenced by traditional Southern Kungfu. Just learning SPM, you already experience many Southern styles. It is like you can taste many different flavours of ice cream by eating only one!!!!!!!! Sorry, I got carried out a bit....too much mushroom spores in my lungs.

Anyway, I am sure Sife Eric knows a lot more than me about the history and lineage of Kungfu.

The main theory for Southern Chinese Styles:
吞、吐、浮、沉
Back to top Go down
shingo

Super awesomeness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super awesomeness   Super awesomeness EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 2:12 am

Yes, exactly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Super awesomeness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super awesomeness   Super awesomeness Empty

Back to top Go down

Super awesomeness
Page 1 of 1