南方愛武小站 Southern Site Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
南方愛武小站 Southern Site Inn

研討武術劍術 We explore Chinese martial arts, IMA and Swordmanship http://user3.jabry.com/southsite/index.htm

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The rules of modern sparring is becoming a nutcase!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bo Sim Sau

Bo Sim Sau

文章數 : 104
注冊日期 : 2009-04-18

The rules of modern sparring is becoming a nutcase! Empty
PostSubject: The rules of modern sparring is becoming a nutcase!   The rules of modern sparring is becoming a nutcase! EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 1:17 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImG9ONl3cL4

No hitting in the back of the head (brain), do not use full power???, no thrusting eyes or throat, no elbows, no kicking in the groin,..........how could this rep put an old Wing Chun guy against a young kick boxer, and expected they will follow the rules among all the spectators in the room. He must be out of his Freaking mind??!!
Back to top Go down
calvy168

文章數 : 257
注冊日期 : 2009-02-02
來自 : Australia / Hong Kong

PostSubject: Re: The rules of modern sparring is becoming a nutcase!   The rules of modern sparring is becoming a nutcase! EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 2:56 pm

Hello and thanks for posting up your clip for us.

I do agree that the rule is unfair, but face it, any rules used on 2 ppl doing DIFFERENT art is ALWAYS unfair.
So what is to be done to try to be 100% fair is IMPOSSIBLE.
I think what the rules in this clip is trying to achieve is, to be able to spar but to protect both parties from minimum injuries.
Basically, if people are sensible and follow the rules then everybody would be happy. So I think the rules and the ref isn't the problem

On the other hand, look closely at both the fighters.
BOTH sides had broken the rules because both side wants FACE and want to WIN and get ANGRY too easily.
One start hitting the other one's head, One start using all his force on the other person.

As a martial artist the mature ones are the humble ones and those who anger slowly.
I'm not saying their fighting style is no good, I am sure they are great fighters with great skills.
But the person's character as well as the temper is MORE IMPORTANT than their skills.
So you see, the problem isn't in the referee or the rules, but the fighters themselves.

Actually I think is a very good reminder to us.
Martial Art is for health (physically and mentally), not for violence. (for self defence in life threatening situations of course)
Character and humbleness as a martial artist is most important.

Thanks

Calvin
Back to top Go down
地躺小子
Admin
地躺小子

文章數 : 592
注冊日期 : 2009-01-25
來自 : 中国吉林省, 白林寺

PostSubject: Re: The rules of modern sparring is becoming a nutcase!   The rules of modern sparring is becoming a nutcase! EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 10:22 pm

i support Mr. Bo and Mr.Calvy's attitude, i also want to state out that the 'Martial' is derived from 'primival violence' of human nature, after the changes from civilization, it becomes 'martial', however, still many a lot people use it in a wrong way, that led to some humanities conflict(war) happened. Martial is not the only to keep both mental and physical benefit, but also be a part of your life attitude~~!

From here just to share a quote from Mas Oyama(Founder of Kyokushin Karate): 'The justice without power becomes useless, the power without justice is violence'(沒有力量的正義將無所成、沒有正義的力量是為暴力。) study

so lets keep the martial spirits on our life~~!

Best regards,
Will
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/dnmgch
地躺小子
Admin
地躺小子

文章數 : 592
來自 : 中国吉林省, 白林寺

PostSubject: Re: The rules of modern sparring is becoming a nutcase!   The rules of modern sparring is becoming a nutcase! EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 6:37 am

i've just click the link today, what the..........................most 'classical moment' in the HK clown pig albino cat elephant rendeer
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/dnmgch
E.T.

文章數 : 499
注冊日期 : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: The rules of modern sparring is becoming a nutcase!   The rules of modern sparring is becoming a nutcase! EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 7:12 am

It was not a match, not a competition. That's why the regulation was "strange". It is unfair to judge them by this view point.
Back to top Go down
kwong
Admin
kwong

文章數 : 1510

PostSubject: Re: The rules of modern sparring is becoming a nutcase!   The rules of modern sparring is becoming a nutcase! EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 12:21 pm

E.T. wrote:
It was not a match, not a competition. That's why the regulation was "strange". It is unfair to judge them by this view point.

Et, i understand what u mean but the guy in the clip had a different mind No He treated that as a Final Competition. it is what i heard from others
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.com/kwongy64
Bo Sim Sau

Bo Sim Sau

文章數 : 104
注冊日期 : 2009-04-18

PostSubject: Re: The rules of modern sparring is becoming a nutcase!   The rules of modern sparring is becoming a nutcase! EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 2:03 pm

calvy168 wrote:
Hello and thanks for posting up your clip for us.

I do agree that the rule is unfair, but face it, any rules used on 2 ppl doing DIFFERENT art is ALWAYS unfair.
So what is to be done to try to be 100% fair is IMPOSSIBLE.
I think what the rules in this clip is trying to achieve is, to be able to spar but to protect both parties from minimum injuries.
Basically, if people are sensible and follow the rules then everybody would be happy. So I think the rules and the ref isn't the problem

On the other hand, look closely at both the fighters.
BOTH sides had broken the rules because both side wants FACE and want to WIN and get ANGRY too easily.
One start hitting the other one's head, One start using all his force on the other person.

As a martial artist the mature ones are the humble ones and those who anger slowly.
I'm not saying their fighting style is no good, I am sure they are great fighters with great skills.
But the person's character as well as the temper is MORE IMPORTANT than their skills.
So you see, the problem isn't in the referee or the rules, but the fighters themselves.

Actually I think is a very good reminder to us.
Martial Art is for health (physically and mentally), not for violence. (for self defence in life threatening situations of course)
Character and humbleness as a martial artist is most important.

Thanks

Calvin

Calvin,
In all goodness about MA with its health, character building and humility elements etc. However, the fact is; - this is the type of silly competition never existed in my days. Why put themselves out to these over governed and restricted rules? If one wants to exercise the freedom of expressing their style or the truth effectiveness of their arts, then simply walk away and organise a time and a place and rules to suit one another. Why get the spectators involved and knowing too well that there is a potential one would lose face (on YouTube?)? Getting hit and hurt is a part of learning the arts (same for playing any contact sports), this is the same with emotions, patience and tolerance are constantly tested in our daily life. FME, over protected rules in conjunction with protective gears built an illusion that one could really protect his/herself with their art(s) in a real life threatening situation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The rules of modern sparring is becoming a nutcase!   The rules of modern sparring is becoming a nutcase! Empty

Back to top Go down

The rules of modern sparring is becoming a nutcase!
Page 1 of 1