南方愛武小站 Southern Site Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
南方愛武小站 Southern Site Inn

研討武術劍術 We explore Chinese martial arts, IMA and Swordmanship http://user3.jabry.com/southsite/index.htm

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Training Schedule

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
calvy168

文章數 : 257
注冊日期 : 2009-02-02
來自 : Australia / Hong Kong

Training Schedule Empty
PostSubject: Training Schedule   Training Schedule EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 3:52 pm

Hello to all SYDWASHAN members,

Today we see lots of new comers and that's good. Very Happy

But I see there's not much going on today as I think what we lack is a System or a Training Schedule. Crying or Very sad

An idea that I would like to bring out is a set training Schedule/System where each of us can allocate the Kung Fu styles and stuff suitable for everybody. Idea

Since everybody is doing a different style and it would not be beneficial to everybody if we take turns leading the forms. I am thinking why not we take turns leading the TRAINING. Basketball

eg. Calvin (Wu Chu) = Train up Stance Foundation + Power Training + Knock Arms ~ RESULT: Stable Stance + Good Powerful Arms bounce
Someone = Fitness Training ~ RESULT: Better Endurance for Sparring (or ppl will tire out after 30 seconds)
and etc etc etc... Cool

But I think the set System I suggest now is as following...

Program 1:
Arrow Basic Stuff, All the arms and kicks and stance (Led by E.T.)

Program 2:
Arrow The Scheduled Training (Take Turns Leading)

Program 3:
Arrow Forms + Weaponery + Sparring + Anything (No Leading, learn off everybody)

This is the basic training idea I have came up with. Razz
If anybody thinks some ideas are good, feel free to suggest it. Twisted Evil
If anybody thinks some ideas are bad, also feel free to suggest it but do say it in a nice way Evil or Very Mad

NOTE:
- If we have too many ideas and get stuck, do discuss it and say the pros and cons of the ideas What a Face
- If in the end still cannot get to solution, we can vote on it or take turns using the ideas or anything CONSTRUCTIVE (don't want an argument going on in the end and hurt ppl's feelings) Crying or Very sad

Well anywayz... Do post away your brilliant ideas if you got any.
Anything suggested that you think is good and should be passed... do say so too so we know what everybody likes.

Calvin lol!
Back to top Go down
地躺小子
Admin
地躺小子

文章數 : 592
注冊日期 : 2009-01-25
來自 : 中国吉林省, 白林寺

Training Schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Schedule   Training Schedule EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 4:08 pm

good to see a very constructive paragraphs............
thats what i try to conversation with all our members b4 in the facebook........... Very Happy

my idea:
simply a cross training system i worked with my fd b4:(all followings sections should negotiate with your sparring partners b4 it starts to ensure safety~~!)

1. striking 3mins(kickboxing, wing chun, choy lei fat, preying mantis, shaolin............)
2. grappling 3mins (shuai jiao, judo, freestyle wrestling, taichi push hands, BJJ..........)
3. Mixed Martial Arts 3mins---not only dedicated for the 'modern ringsport', the meaning of this just mixed all your techniques u are acheivable
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/dnmgch
calvy168

Training Schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Schedule   Training Schedule EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 6:17 pm

Thanks for replying so quickly (too quickly lol)

I think Sparring could come a bit later for few reasons (I personally think)
- We don't have insurance so if anybody gets hurt and they want to sue us, we cannot "blow them up"
- Not good for new guys as they only started and I would concentrate more on training rather than sparring
- In the end it is a public place and we are not a club or anything so if the authorities come and want to make us not gather there, I think they could
- Not attract troublemakers (some ppl like to cause trouble as they think they are HO GING and simply want to hurt ppl and get away with it)

So yeh... Sparring may come or we may do it but I wouldn't suggest we put that into our training every week.

As to what style we are doing, we'll figure that out later depending on the situation.

Calvin
Back to top Go down
地躺小子
Admin
地躺小子

Training Schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Schedule   Training Schedule EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 3:16 am

calvy168 wrote:

- We don't have insurance so if anybody gets hurt and they want to sue us, we cannot "blow them up"
- Not good for new guys as they only started and I would concentrate more on training rather than sparring
- In the end it is a public place and we are not a club or anything so if the authorities come and want to make us not gather there, I think they could
- Not attract troublemakers (some ppl like to cause trouble as they think they are HO GING and simply want to hurt ppl and get away with it)

So yeh... Sparring may come or we may do it but I wouldn't suggest we put that into our training every week.

As to what style we are doing, we'll figure that out later depending on the situation.

Calvin

alright, this practice is can be strict for only who volunteers to do sparring, as i mentioned above neogiation and coordination is important, no one tells u to leave the place with any injuries, and trying to take it easy is helping to train for your body coordination(acceptable for very light sparring), plus introduce this can help new people to know our diversity of training, dont just let ppl. only know how to learn to be a 'form machine/martialgymnasticas'
"實驗是檢驗真理的唯一標準"

again and again, dont be very mean about the suing issues( as Mr. Bo Sim Sau stated out), albino so why dont we stop do sparring in previous time? If spoilers does really come, we wont let him to come again.........and blacklist them.

relax bro.
Back to top Go down
Bo Sim Sau

Bo Sim Sau

文章數 : 104
注冊日期 : 2009-04-18

Training Schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Schedule   Training Schedule EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 9:48 am

Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Bo Sim Sau on Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bo Sim Sau

Bo Sim Sau

Training Schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Schedule   Training Schedule EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 9:49 am

所喂食得咸魚要抵得渴。唔可以斬腳指閃沙蟲架。系網上叫多D人黎玩SPARRING就要知道有機會BACKFIRE,只可減低不娛快事件,但系不可完全排除架。如果有人要玩O野架,始終都會找理由打官司。 Rolling Eyes I have been around long enough to see the outcome!
Back to top Go down
Shingo

Training Schedule Empty
PostSubject: My view...   Training Schedule EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 10:52 am

Hi Gongfu bros

I just want to say my views on the training. I am quite happy with the friendly and slightly out of control sessions as I have learnt Korean and Japanese martial arts which centralise students and 100% obedience to teachers or senior students is essential.

However, Calvin has got the point about the systematic training due to the limited time for the practice (2 hours a week). Since we are mainly learning Hark Fu, we should focus on what Eric offers us for the first half and then move onto off-style stuff (Do whatever you want to do): eg. learning other styles, aerobic/carndio exercises, weapons, conditioning...etc.

As for sparring, it seems it is a quite sensitive topic to discuss. Mind you that everyone has different goals and aims for learning kungfu, and the proficiency in fighting varies depending on the age group and martial art experience.

Personally, I prefer working on fighting applications using the styles without gloves. So, my goal is to deepen the understandings of usage of the styles for fighting rather than going off-style and do kick-boxing with protections.
Unfortunately, I am getting old and keep up the stamina to last 3 mins during sparing is not part of my interests.

Therefore, my focus is to condition and strengthen the body parts and sharpen up the techniques from the forms to apply in potential confrontations in reality, which are often considered to end within 10 seconds. To achieve my goal, lots of two-men repetitions using certain movements are required with occasional light sparring without gloves. So, I can work on distance, bridging, hitting, close hitting, grappling, throws and finishing off.

OK...I just realised my opinion doesn't solve any issues posted earlier..

Shingo
Back to top Go down
calvy168

Training Schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Schedule   Training Schedule EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 4:46 pm

地躺小子 wrote:
calvy168 wrote:

Calvin

alright, this practice is can be strict for only who volunteers to do sparring, as i mentioned above neogiation and coordination is important, no one tells u to leave the place with any injuries, and trying to take it easy is helping to train for your body coordination(acceptable for very light sparring), plus introduce this can help new people to know our diversity of training, dont just let ppl. only know how to learn to be a 'form machine/martialgymnasticas'
"實驗是檢驗真理的唯一標準"

again and again, dont be very mean about the suing issues( as Mr. Bo Sim Sau stated out), albino so why dont we stop do sparring in previous time? If spoilers does really come, we wont let him to come again.........and blacklist them.

relax bro.

For the sparring section, I never said theres NO SPARRING and become "Form Machines".

"Nobody tells u to leave the place with any injuries" Ummm I don't think you see the full picture of what I was talking about.
Sparring = Injury is not a MUST but a POSSIBILITY and that is what I was talking about before.

Also if you would also read on near the bottom of what I was saying before,
Quoting myself: "So yeh... Sparring may come or we may do it but I wouldn't suggest we put that into our training every week".
This clearly backed up what I was stating beforehand. I never said NONE, just not as much and not always. For what reason?
To minimise problems...a.k.a. SAFETY NET

On top of that, I think in every single art in this world, training is the foundation of it, sparring comes LATER.
Which is once again what I said BEFOREHAND. Not starting because of what? Because lots of guys are NEW you see NEW!!!
On top of that, we have to look after the people coming about their health and safety. This is something called RESPONSIBILITY.
Which I think is in our hands as we are the organisers of this. Nobody wants to see anybody get injured.

Just want to clear things out, I was not being mean about the suing issue. Do remember this is AUSTRALIA you're living in and Suing is a part of this country.
There were cases in the past where the robber sued the police for hurting him while the police was catching him and the robber actually won the case.
We live in a world of injustice and SAFETY NETs should be put in if you are sensible and if you think before you act.
Since we are not even authorities, I don't see how some guy can't sue us for injuries during the training.

As for the Blacklisting. OK... I don't think we can do that as it is a PARK. We do not own the place. It is IMPOSSIBLE to just Blacklist someone and tell them to get lost and never to come again. Let's say in a more severe situation if the guy is full on trying to beat one of us up, we can call the police.
But the point it, Blacklisting people and telling them not to come is NOT an option.

OK I've typed for too long now trying to reply.

Please keep your IDEAS coming about our training as I think our new and old members would like to train and stay healthy in all areas.

I feel happy that people suggest positive as well as negative points to the ideas.

But please please please THINK before typing (which I find lots of ppl do NOT do, I'm not trying to target any particular person as this is what ppl always do on forums all over the net and it's unhealthy. It creates unnecessary problems and arguments).
This is to avoid going thru things and ideas that are twisted because ppl didn't read previous posts properly (as well as to avoid me having to go thru typing this 10 page thing to clear some misunderstandings out).

Thanks to all who had put in their ideas.

Calvin
Back to top Go down
E.T.

文章數 : 499
注冊日期 : 2009-01-27

Training Schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Schedule   Training Schedule EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 10:44 pm

hi guys,

I want to share my opinions also.

After all our martial arts gathering is a "gathering" only. It is not a "martial arts course" offered to the public.

The purpose of the gathering is grouping (linkage, connect, communicate? which word is better? my English is poor! ) the martial arts lovers in Sydney. People come to make friends, share their knowledge, and have fun. Therefore, it is not necessary to schedule what to train, and how to train. Just let the comer to do what they want to do. In my view, even they just come to have a martial arts talk is okay.

Not necessary to worry someone come to make trouble. Believe me. No one will do such stupid thing.
Back to top Go down
地躺小子
Admin
地躺小子

Training Schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Schedule   Training Schedule EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 2:18 am

Hi there,

This topic has good effort, shows theres a lot of different point of views(百家爭鳴), this lead to a more potential discussion.

keep getting more and more ideas later on...............
Back to top Go down
Bo Sim Sau

Bo Sim Sau

Training Schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Schedule   Training Schedule EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 12:09 pm

E.T. wrote:
hi guys,

I want to share my opinions also.

After all our martial arts gathering is a "gathering" only. It is not a "martial arts course" offered to the public.

The purpose of the gathering is grouping (linkage, connect, communicate? which word is better? my English is poor! ) the martial arts lovers in Sydney. People come to make friends, share their knowledge, and have fun. Therefore, it is not necessary to schedule what to train, and how to train. Just let the comer to do what they want to do. In my view, even they just come to have a martial arts talk is okay.

Not necessary to worry someone come to make trouble. Believe me. No one will do such stupid thing.

I'd like ET's view, the gathering(s) is basically to meet new friends and share one’s martial art(s) experience. No one is going to intentionally make troubles; this is due to that fact the gathering is not promoting a specific style or club or competing for enrolling new students (而且踢館時代已經不風行啦,唔同60-70-80年代). However if you are asking people to spar (whether light or full contact), there is always an element of emotional dissatisfaction if one cops a hit. It is normal for that person to retaliate and use aggressiveness to win back the point (face); this is just simply human nature. Having said that, if these gatherings really want to include testing one’s sparring skills, it is better to confine to same style and same practice group (自己師兄弟打O親唔會計, 但系不同派別就難講), also fists in exchanges will yield mistakes (有陣時自己師兄弟都會反面)。
If you want further to minimise the risk factor, then just let people come in and have a chat. (吹水或吹鯨 IMC). IMHO, talking can also promote knowledge for one another; one doesn’t have to open his/her hands to justify being there. In sparring, it’s not just about training all the fighting abilities; it is also developing trust between you and your training partner(s). The truth of the matter is- it will take time to know that person(s).
Also in some styles such as southern Mantis, Wing Chun and Bak Mei will not retrieve their hands once they out in fast combination, because these systems trained to shut the opponent down very quickly, therefore you can’t expect these practitioners to play handies and pull back either.
The best way to exchange ideas in these meetings is for the particular stylist to do some forms, and explain some of the techniques and training practices. If one(s) like the style(s), then he or she is welcome to take the further action with that person(s) involved. (i.e. Possible training session and Q & A etc.)
Back to top Go down
地躺小子
Admin
地躺小子

Training Schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Schedule   Training Schedule EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 1:26 pm

Thx for more Opinions on this discussion
Back to top Go down
calvy168

Training Schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Schedule   Training Schedule EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 5:43 am

So a sum up so far would be...

Basic Steps to start off
Then free style learning afterwards.
(sparring permitted but monitored)

Thanks for all who had put in their ideas.

Calvin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Training Schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Schedule   Training Schedule Empty

Back to top Go down

Training Schedule
Page 1 of 1