南方愛武小站 Southern Site Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
南方愛武小站 Southern Site Inn

研討武術劍術 We explore Chinese martial arts, IMA and Swordmanship http://user3.jabry.com/southsite/index.htm

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Proposed Martial Arts Festival

Go down 
AuthorMessage
shifu

shifu

文章數 : 69
注冊日期 : 2009-11-08

Proposed Martial Arts Festival Empty
PostSubject: Proposed Martial Arts Festival   Proposed Martial Arts Festival EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 4:29 am

Hi,

As you may be aware I am planning a "Martial Arts Festival" to be held in Wellington sometime around March/April 2012.

The aim is to use the Auditorium of the Wellington Soldiers Club to stage the Festival.

The Festival will (hopefully) involve Chinese Lion/Dragon Dancing, Martial Arts Exhibitions (Info Stands/Tables) and Martial Arts Demonstrations by the various artists and their students attending.

This would then be followed by a Workshop in which various instructors share aspects of their arts with the attendees. The day would finish with a Chinese Banquet.

If you have any presentations to be made to members of your school you could also do so at the Festival adding to the occasion.

The aim is to enrich the image of the Martial Arts within the Central Western Area and hopefully we would have local media (TV/Radio/Paper) coverage. Far too many activities for the Martial Arts take place in the city and we would like to let people know that the Martial Arts is thriving in the country area.

Here's the rub, the event would require you to give of your time and services. If at all possible we would endeavour to offer you some financial reward but this will not be the focus of the event. I suggest that gold coin donation be made by those community spectators watching the displays etc and that each person attending the workshops pay a reasonable fee for same. Some or part of this could go towards covering the instructor meals (Maybe depending on what is raised) or you could choose to donate this towards the Festival Hosts (my school) to cover operational/organising costs. By and large we are asking you to give your services for free in the interests of promoting the martial arts!

What I need to know from you is:

Are you & your School interested?
How many of you would be involved?
What date(s) suit you best?
What you would be demonstrating?
Would you require a table to exhibit info about your school?
Will you be teaching at the Workshop & if so what would you cover?
I would also need a info sheet on your art and demonstration to be read out over the PA whilst your display is taking place.

I would ask you to reply to me as soon as you possibly can as a great deal of organisation will go into making this happen and I would like to get started straight away so as to ensure the event is a success!

I hope to hear from you soon.
Back to top Go down

Proposed Martial Arts Festival
Page 1 of 1