南方愛武小站 Southern Site Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
南方愛武小站 Southern Site Inn

研討武術劍術 We explore Chinese martial arts, IMA and Swordmanship http://user3.jabry.com/southsite/index.htm

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

香港武術聯會 - 武術賢聚會 - 周家螳螂國術協會 Chow Gar Mantis seminar in HK

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kwong
Admin
kwong

文章數 : 1510
注冊日期 : 2009-01-25

香港武術聯會 - 武術賢聚會 - 周家螳螂國術協會  Chow Gar Mantis seminar in HK Empty
PostSubject: 香港武術聯會 - 武術賢聚會 - 周家螳螂國術協會 Chow Gar Mantis seminar in HK   香港武術聯會 - 武術賢聚會 - 周家螳螂國術協會  Chow Gar Mantis seminar in HK EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 2:25 pm

香港武術聯會 - 武術賢聚會 - 周家螳螂國術協會

Chow Gar Mantis seminar in HK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4r8mC08PL4

Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.com/kwongy64
calvy168

文章數 : 257
注冊日期 : 2009-02-02
來自 : Australia / Hong Kong

PostSubject: Re: 香港武術聯會 - 武術賢聚會 - 周家螳螂國術協會 Chow Gar Mantis seminar in HK   香港武術聯會 - 武術賢聚會 - 周家螳螂國術協會  Chow Gar Mantis seminar in HK EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 10:48 am

Shingo San,

Is this what you've learnt from your master or is it a bit different?

Calvin
Back to top Go down
Shingo

文章數 : 331
注冊日期 : 2009-08-06

PostSubject: Re: 香港武術聯會 - 武術賢聚會 - 周家螳螂國術協會 Chow Gar Mantis seminar in HK   香港武術聯會 - 武術賢聚會 - 周家螳螂國術協會  Chow Gar Mantis seminar in HK EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 7:20 am

Konnichiwa, Calvin san,

Arigato for the message.

The answer to your question is Yes and No....

The style I learnt in NZ is from this lineage. Sifu Ng Si Key in the clip does authentic Chow Gar who is the direct student of the late grand master Ip Shui.

However, the real Chow Gar style has disappeared through three generations and when the style passed onto me, it was totally different - Another famous Chow Gar master I met in HK kindly confirmed that my style is not real Chow Gar. So, when I open up a kungfu school in future, I should name it "Non-authentic Chow Gar" or simply "Southern Mantis" to avoid any political tension.

I have a suspicion that the style was changed radically when the English person mixed the Burmese style (basically Silat) and Chow Gar about 30 years ago. My instructors learnt the hybrid style from him and they are still teaching the system in Auckland, New Zealand. I should not talk about this further as I would least like to get involved in their business.

Have a look at their Sam Bo Jin and judge it for yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjbXEOwI8aA

Shingo

Back to top Go down
Shingo

PostSubject: Re: 香港武術聯會 - 武術賢聚會 - 周家螳螂國術協會 Chow Gar Mantis seminar in HK   香港武術聯會 - 武術賢聚會 - 周家螳螂國術協會  Chow Gar Mantis seminar in HK EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 7:22 am

Here is Sam Bo Jin done by Chow Gar master Sifu Ng Si Key.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-_ZuTIR_mw

Shingo
Back to top Go down
chowfarn

chowfarn

文章數 : 140
注冊日期 : 2010-07-31

PostSubject: Re: 香港武術聯會 - 武術賢聚會 - 周家螳螂國術協會 Chow Gar Mantis seminar in HK   香港武術聯會 - 武術賢聚會 - 周家螳螂國術協會  Chow Gar Mantis seminar in HK EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 7:43 am

Hi Shingo,
If you open a school to teach your Mantis style.
I think "Non-authenic Chow Gar" will not pull many students.

May you please consider the following names:

* Imperial Guard Special Operations Secret Mission Style.

* Shaolin Boxing Manual Library Guard Style. (non-fiction section of the Library of course).

* Wudang lost & then found again enlightened Hermit style.

* Master xxx style (he was on the short list to be one of the 10 tigers of Guandong - at least top 15)
Back to top Go down
Shingo

PostSubject: Re: 香港武術聯會 - 武術賢聚會 - 周家螳螂國術協會 Chow Gar Mantis seminar in HK   香港武術聯會 - 武術賢聚會 - 周家螳螂國術協會  Chow Gar Mantis seminar in HK EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 10:08 am

Thank you very much for naming my potential Kungfu school, Bro L.

They all sound proper and traditional yet conspicuous. Now I am convinced that these names will attract a humangous number of students for sure. But, what I was thinking was quite different from yours.....

Here are my evil thoughts:

If we keep "Non-authentic Chow Gar" going for the next 300 years, it will become traditional and people see it as a genuine style. So, it will be "authentic-Non-authentic Chow Gar". The term "non-authentic" may become fashionable to name new Kungfu styles in 300 years time; just like "Gar" (family/ style) to describe genuine traditional Kungfu styles from the certain period of time in China.

So, all we have to do is that we take someone to my lab and genetically modify them in such a way that they keep teaching "non-authetic Chow Gar" for the next three centuries until people accept it as a real Kungfu style.

Any volunteers to be a master of the style? Am I thinking too much?

Ooops, it's time to go home for sake.

Shingo

Back to top Go down
chowfarn

chowfarn

PostSubject: Re: 香港武術聯會 - 武術賢聚會 - 周家螳螂國術協會 Chow Gar Mantis seminar in HK   香港武術聯會 - 武術賢聚會 - 周家螳螂國術協會  Chow Gar Mantis seminar in HK EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 10:23 am

Shingo,
We could always make up a Kungfu manual stating your style is actually the real one.
You can say we carbon dated it in you lab saying it turned out to be 500 years old.
Leon
Back to top Go down
chowfarn

chowfarn

PostSubject: Re: 香港武術聯會 - 武術賢聚會 - 周家螳螂國術協會 Chow Gar Mantis seminar in HK   香港武術聯會 - 武術賢聚會 - 周家螳螂國術協會  Chow Gar Mantis seminar in HK EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 11:09 am

Shingo San,
Now we have your kungfu school coming together.
I need to think about mine.

I want to describe a secret internal style known for its unbeatable "sand in the eye" technique.
The system was thought to be lost, but I happen to see a really old man training in a park while on holiday in Beijing.
Even though I can't speak mandarin, was an overweight westerner & had to catch my tour bus in half an hour.
He kindly taught me the whole system then made me his sucessor.
I was on a mandate to make the art open to anyone with lots of cash.

Any ideas ?
Back to top Go down
Shingo

PostSubject: Re: 香港武術聯會 - 武術賢聚會 - 周家螳螂國術協會 Chow Gar Mantis seminar in HK   香港武術聯會 - 武術賢聚會 - 周家螳螂國術協會  Chow Gar Mantis seminar in HK EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 12:39 am

Leon san

Thank you for trusting my creativity and business tactics. I am honoured to name your school and make sure to flourish your business by attracting financially viable people but excluding the poor.

How about "Invisible dragon hidden style - the legendary dragon that is never seen hiding in a highly secret cave"?

The style is so concealed and invisible that no one can see the attack coming. Students can not physically learn the style because techniques are so invisible at the natural speed. The only way to learn is to buy a DVD on line from your Kungfu school on Facebook (if you buy two copies of the DVD, you get another invisible one for free). However, one potential problem is the Facebook site is so hidden that no one can find it....

I am certain that you are impressed by my business plan. Let's get it up and running.

Shingo
Back to top Go down
chowfarn

chowfarn

PostSubject: Re: 香港武術聯會 - 武術賢聚會 - 周家螳螂國術協會 Chow Gar Mantis seminar in HK   香港武術聯會 - 武術賢聚會 - 周家螳螂國術協會  Chow Gar Mantis seminar in HK EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 12:56 am

Shingo San,
Thank you.
I feel "Invisible dragon, hidden style" is a winner.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 香港武術聯會 - 武術賢聚會 - 周家螳螂國術協會 Chow Gar Mantis seminar in HK   香港武術聯會 - 武術賢聚會 - 周家螳螂國術協會  Chow Gar Mantis seminar in HK Empty

Back to top Go down

香港武術聯會 - 武術賢聚會 - 周家螳螂國術協會 Chow Gar Mantis seminar in HK
Page 1 of 1