南方愛武小站 Southern Site Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
南方愛武小站 Southern Site Inn

研討武術劍術 We explore Chinese martial arts, IMA and Swordmanship http://user3.jabry.com/southsite/index.htm

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NYE fireworks gathering in the city (Barangaroo)?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Adrian

NYE fireworks gathering in the city (Barangaroo)? Empty
PostSubject: NYE fireworks gathering in the city (Barangaroo)?   NYE fireworks gathering in the city (Barangaroo)? EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 6:14 am

Hi All,

As mentioned in the bbq, this is for anyone who is interested in watching the fireworks together at NYE (31/12) in Barangaroo.

Barangaroo is situated near Wynard. Please click here for location:

It costs $5 per person (although last year it was a free gathering). I'm thinking of a picnic where people can bring food/drinks. The view was awesome, being that close to the action as you watch the fireworks on both sides (Darling Harbour and Harbour Bridge). Lastly, because there is a limit of 15,000 entries, it won't be crowded.

Anyway I'm going to buy tickets for this event. Let me know if you are interested and want to go together. This offer is open till Monday night and I will buy the tickets on Tuesday morning. Because it charges a one off transaction fee, I would rather buy the tickets at once, rather than separately. However this doesn't stop you from buying it yourself.

Cheers,

Adrian

Back to top Go down
kwong
Admin
kwong

文章數 : 1510
注冊日期 : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: NYE fireworks gathering in the city (Barangaroo)?   NYE fireworks gathering in the city (Barangaroo)? EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 11:40 am

ok , i will be in bom
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.com/kwongy64
virginia

PostSubject: Re: NYE fireworks gathering in the city (Barangaroo)?   NYE fireworks gathering in the city (Barangaroo)? EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 11:45 am

Wat about we all go sing K than watch firework ??

come on guys let Gordon know,so he can arrange !!

Adrain pls add me in !! Do U guys mind a granny come along as well ? hahaha

What a Face What a Face
Back to top Go down
Adrian

PostSubject: Re: NYE fireworks gathering in the city (Barangaroo)?   NYE fireworks gathering in the city (Barangaroo)? EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 11:58 am

No worries, I've got Gordon and Virginia so far. We can go to K first, but if we get there late, the good spots (near the water) will be taken and we will have to stand a bit far back from the harbour.

Actually this is where we will be standingNYE fireworks gathering in the city (Barangaroo)? 4321559424

Let me try posting the map address again:

Sorry, this is my first time using this site...
Back to top Go down
Adrian

PostSubject: Re: NYE fireworks gathering in the city (Barangaroo)?   NYE fireworks gathering in the city (Barangaroo)? EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 12:00 pm

Ok... I can't get the links to work...
Back to top Go down
calvy168

文章數 : 257
注冊日期 : 2009-02-02
來自 : Australia / Hong Kong

PostSubject: Re: NYE fireworks gathering in the city (Barangaroo)?   NYE fireworks gathering in the city (Barangaroo)? EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 12:07 am

I am joining in.

Am I too late?

Please book me in as well

Calvin
Back to top Go down
Jervis

文章數 : 82
注冊日期 : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: NYE fireworks gathering in the city (Barangaroo)?   NYE fireworks gathering in the city (Barangaroo)? EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 12:17 am

me too if it's still not too late
Back to top Go down
Adrian

PostSubject: Re: NYE fireworks gathering in the city (Barangaroo)?   NYE fireworks gathering in the city (Barangaroo)? EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 1:08 am

No worries guys. I've got Garry, Gordon, Virginia, Calvin, Jervis and me.

Buying it now...
Back to top Go down
Jervis

PostSubject: Re: NYE fireworks gathering in the city (Barangaroo)?   NYE fireworks gathering in the city (Barangaroo)? EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 10:32 am

hey guys, should we start discussing what time and where we should meet on the day?? seeing as almost half of the group is goin on a christmas holiday, would be helpful if we all agreed on where to meet than be notified at the last minute
Back to top Go down
virignia

PostSubject: who sing K ?   NYE fireworks gathering in the city (Barangaroo)? EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 11:59 am

Hi guys,

U guys driving / train ? or do U guys wanted to meet in a location & all in 1 or 2 cars ?
or wat ?
Who is goin to K ? needs to book ASAP !!! pls contact gordon!!!!
We goin the whole day or 1/2 day............. hahahaha =)
wats more ???

Granny =)
Back to top Go down
Adrian

PostSubject: Re: NYE fireworks gathering in the city (Barangaroo)?   NYE fireworks gathering in the city (Barangaroo)? EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 12:04 pm

Yep, we should definitely discuss timing and meeting location. I talked to Gordon and apparently he is happy to coordinate and organise it.

My view is we need to be clear whether this is a picnic style dinner (bring your own food/drinks), or do we just turn up whenever we like. So we need to agree on whether we are going K or doing something before 6pm when the Barangaroo gates will open.

Whilst the ground is spacious, if we get there late, we won't have the frontage position near the water to watch the fireworks.

Lastly, I got the tickets and will be distributing them on the day.
Back to top Go down
Jervis

PostSubject: Re: NYE fireworks gathering in the city (Barangaroo)?   NYE fireworks gathering in the city (Barangaroo)? EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 12:53 pm

Adrian wrote:
Yep, we should definitely discuss timing and meeting location. I talked to Gordon and apparently he is happy to coordinate and organise it.

My view is we need to be clear whether this is a picnic style dinner (bring your own food/drinks), or do we just turn up whenever we like. So we need to agree on whether we are going K or doing something before 6pm when the Barangaroo gates will open.

Whilst the ground is spacious, if we get there late, we won't have the frontage position near the water to watch the fireworks.

Lastly, I got the tickets and will be distributing them on the day.

picnic style!! bounce
Back to top Go down
calvy168

PostSubject: Re: NYE fireworks gathering in the city (Barangaroo)?   NYE fireworks gathering in the city (Barangaroo)? EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 12:09 pm

OK guys we booked the room for Karaoke at Big Echo which is in Town Hall from 4:30pm to 7:30pm.

Then we will go to the firework place?

I suggest we bring our dinner there and eat picnic style as Jervis said.

We going to be standing or sitting at the firework?

If standing then we can't do it picnic style.

Calvin
Back to top Go down
calvy168

PostSubject: Re: NYE fireworks gathering in the city (Barangaroo)?   NYE fireworks gathering in the city (Barangaroo)? EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 1:10 pm

I changed the time of Singing Karaoke to 3:00pm on 31st December.

Location would be Big Echo.

I would get off work at 4:00pm so I cannot lead the group.

As for dinner, we would settle it that night while singing K.

Final decisions as to where to meet and stuff would still need to be made.

Please contact Gordon or Virginia on the day.

Calvin
Back to top Go down
kwong
Admin
kwong

文章數 : 1510
注冊日期 : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: NYE fireworks gathering in the city (Barangaroo)?   NYE fireworks gathering in the city (Barangaroo)? EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 11:26 am

hey Guys,

For people who can come to sing K.
let met up 2:50 outside of the Big Echo in Town Hall.

For people who can come for dinner, we will meet up outside of the big echo at 6pm.

I will contact Adrian for our Firework ticket tmr.

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.com/kwongy64
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NYE fireworks gathering in the city (Barangaroo)?   NYE fireworks gathering in the city (Barangaroo)? Empty

Back to top Go down

NYE fireworks gathering in the city (Barangaroo)?
Page 1 of 1