南方愛武小站 Southern Site Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
南方愛武小站 Southern Site Inn

研討武術劍術 We explore Chinese martial arts, IMA and Swordmanship http://user3.jabry.com/southsite/index.htm

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lion Dancing for Nursing Home

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
calvy168

文章數 : 257
注冊日期 : 2009-02-02
來自 : Australia / Hong Kong

Lion Dancing for Nursing Home Empty
PostSubject: Lion Dancing for Nursing Home   Lion Dancing for Nursing Home EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 9:30 am

Hi guys,

Just want to tell you that a friend of mine from church has asked me if I can do lion dancing for a nursing home at the 2nd weekend of February next year.

Then I thought if we, as SWU or NSW Chin Woo, could participate in this event. I mean it would be great opportunity to practice our performance as well as good promotion for our group here. Not only can we train for a purpose but to help out people around us as well, and is good to tell people that we do volunteer work for the community.

I don't have full details of this but because my friend asked me, so I post it up here and see what you guys think and stuff.

I also know that in February would be Chinese New Year Parade. So wanna see if the preparations would be good or not. Also, if we are going to do it, we may need a lion. If lion is not possible... then maybe we'll figure out something.

Anyway, please jot down some ideas and opinion and I'll get back to you after Friday (as I see that friend on Friday).

Calvin
Back to top Go down
kwong
Admin
kwong

文章數 : 1510
注冊日期 : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Lion Dancing for Nursing Home   Lion Dancing for Nursing Home EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 9:42 am

calvy168 wrote:
Hi guys,

Just want to tell you that a friend of mine from church has asked me if I can do lion dancing for a nursing home at the 2nd weekend of February next year.

Then I thought if we, as SWU or NSW Chin Woo, could participate in this event. I mean it would be great opportunity to practice our performance as well as good promotion for our group here. Not only can we train for a purpose but to help out people around us as well, and is good to tell people that we do volunteer work for the community.

I don't have full details of this but because my friend asked me, so I post it up here and see what you guys think and stuff.

I also know that in February would be Chinese New Year Parade. So wanna see if the preparations would be good or not. Also, if we are going to do it, we may need a lion. If lion is not possible... then maybe we'll figure out something.

Anyway, please jot down some ideas and opinion and I'll get back to you after Friday (as I see that friend on Friday).

Calvin

calvin,
one question: Who have the lions set?
Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.com/kwongy64
Overlord
Admin
Overlord

文章數 : 507
注冊日期 : 2009-09-27
來自 : 台灣

PostSubject: Re: Lion Dancing for Nursing Home   Lion Dancing for Nursing Home EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 10:55 am

Yeah, this is one serious, yet funny question.
No lion, no dancing~

Over Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
calvy168

PostSubject: Re: Lion Dancing for Nursing Home   Lion Dancing for Nursing Home EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 1:32 pm

I must get more information by Friday first.

Say we don't have lions.

I was thinking maybe we do some Martial Art performance, nice and quick ones.

Then maybe a session where we get the old people involved. Like some gentle exercises which may keep them going in the morning?

Could also teach their carers too.

Yep, thanks for your ideas, keep them coming.

Calvin
Back to top Go down
calvy168

PostSubject: Re: Lion Dancing for Nursing Home   Lion Dancing for Nursing Home EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 1:34 pm

Next time, do throw in ideas as well we pointing out the faults.

Because I think my initial post already stated that if lion dancing isn't possible then try do something else.

So what is that something else?

Yeh, I'm asking about that.

Calvin
Back to top Go down
Overlord
Admin
Overlord

文章數 : 507
注冊日期 : 2009-09-27
來自 : 台灣

PostSubject: Re: Lion Dancing for Nursing Home   Lion Dancing for Nursing Home EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 2:13 pm

Taiji and baqua or shaolin yijinjing is all good.
Since this is what a lot of aged boys and girls care for.

Over
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lion Dancing for Nursing Home   Lion Dancing for Nursing Home Empty

Back to top Go down

Lion Dancing for Nursing Home
Page 1 of 1